jim nail

Massachusetts
msg tools
I'm doing a 2-map solo play of Scenario 7.1 using the Confederate Order of Arrival starting on page 6 of the Rebel OOA booklet. At 6:00 pm Tanner's Battery of Jones Battalion is to be removed, although their arrival is nowhere listed on the OOA. Also, Order #14 on page 9 orders some command to move to N9.60. No Order #14 appears in the OOA, and N9.60 is off the north edge of the 1st Day map.

Examination of the Rebel OOA beginning on page 1 shows Jones Arty Bn entering 30 minutes before Early's arrival and following Order #12 - Move to N9.60.

Has Jones been omitted from the page 6 OOA listing intentionally? Or is this omission a typo? If so, when should Jones arrive and what orders should he be following?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Sutton
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,

I ran into some of these issues when trying this campaign out. The thing to do is check through the 4-map OOA and see how the unit is deployed, and then work out how to get it onto your own map (if you even want to bother bringing it on).

In this case I would assume that the II corps arty would be given a "tagalong" when Ewell gets his insta-attack order on the afternoon of the first day. Perhaps bring them on at an appropriate map edge the turn after Ewell's attack gets rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim nail

Massachusetts
msg tools
Angela,

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't watch this site very closely.

I came to about the same conclusion as your suggestion. I decided to have Jones' battalion come in at 2:45 pm with Hoke's brigade. It didn't really make a lot of difference because the Eleventh Corps skedaddled so quickly that the artillery never unlimbered.

Looking over at the Federal OOA I discovered General Newton scheduled to come in at 3:45 am on 2 July at Entry Area G. This area exists on the 4-map setup, but not on the 2-map mini-campaign. He really should be coming in at S4.58, which would be less than a full turn's march from Entry G. I'm going to simplify this and have Newton come in a full turn later, at 4:00 am at S4.58.

I've also decided to adjust several listed entry points so that the units actually come in on roads.

All in all, this is a wonderful treatment of Gettysburg. The order process makes this game play like nothing I've ever seen before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.