Hide
7 Posts

Dune» Forums » General

Subject: Pinless Battle Wheel-Deal or No Deal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D L
msg tools
A charitable organization that I volunteer for has a community yard sale each year. I found this game there priced for $1.

I took it with the intention of either finding the right buyer and donating the proceeds, or, if the game is unsellable due to a missing or damaged component, pay them a more reasonable price and add it to my own collection.

This set is in good shape, but is missing the pin on one of the battle wheels.

Is there a place to get a suitable replacement? How picky is the market for this game? Do you think it loses significant value?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Lucký
Czech Republic
Praha 4
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you... Dune for $1...

I'd say that missing pin is almost no problem... From what I can see about the prices, the game is very demanded and therefore it will be most likely very small problem for buyer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you crafty? I bet you could stick a brad through there to allow the wheels to spin. Or something similar -- your local Michael's or A. C. Moore store should be able to help you find the right fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the missing pin diminishes its value significantly. AAMOF, I may have a spare one at home. I am away until September 15 but if you still need it at that time, please PM me then (otherwise I'm sure I will forget).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the missing pin is not a big deal at all. I'd buy it, for sure, if I was in need of one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copies of the game without the board have fetched >$50US depending on the condition of the rest of the contents. From someone with 3 copies, I would say the missing pin is the state less important than trivial, whatever the kids are calling that state these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darkadelphia wrote:
A charitable organization that I volunteer for has a community yard sale each year. I found this game there priced for $1.

I took it with the intention of either finding the right buyer and donating the proceeds, or, if the game is unsellable due to a missing or damaged component, pay them a more reasonable price and add it to my own collection.

This set is in good shape, but is missing the pin on one of the battle wheels.

Is there a place to get a suitable replacement? How picky is the market for this game? Do you think it loses significant value?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Sadly you can't really play Dune without that pin. The set is worthless. If you like, I will take it off your hands for the price of postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.