Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sensei Me
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Spider-man - Hero for Hire reads: When Spider-Man attacks, choose one opposing character. That character cannot block.

Q: If more than one Sipder-man die was attacking, would one opposing character be chosen for each Spider-man die attacking?

2- Cyclops- Field Leader reads: When Cyclops is active, whenever one of your (lightning bolt) characters deals damage, increase that damage by one (no matter how many Cyclops dice you have fielded).

Q: When Cyclops himself attacks, does he get the bonus?(seeing as he is a lightning bolt character)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper73 wrote:
1- Spider-man - Hero for Hire reads: When Spider-Man attacks, choose one opposing character. That character cannot block.

Q: If more than one Sipder-man die was attacking, would one opposing character be chosen for each Spider-man die attacking?


Correct. Whenever a card refers to itself like this, read it as "this Spider-Man die" (or whatever other character). It triggers for each die. The exception is when it says "While Spider-Man is active...", which the rulebook tells us means "When one or more Spider-Man dice are active", which means it only happens once regardless of number of dice and doesn't stack.

Quote:
2- Cyclops- Field Leader reads: When Cyclops is active, whenever one of your (lightning bolt) characters deals damage, increase that damage by one (no matter how many Cyclops dice you have fielded).

Q: When Cyclops himself attacks, does he get the bonus?(seeing as he is a lightning bolt character)


Doesn't say "other" Bolt characters, so I'd say yes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
I have a question here regarding the Basic Action Card: Pick Your Battles
it reads as follows Each of your characters can only be blocked by opposing characters of the same energy type and your Sidekicks can only be blocked by sidekicks.
How would this be affecting ally dice Aunt May and Mary Jane?
I know they are considered sidekick dice and they cost energy type as well so
Does this mean that they can only be blocked by sidekicks?
Or does it mean that they can only be blocked by sidekicks that cost that energy symbol?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
I have a question here regarding the Basic Action Card: Pick Your Battles
it reads as follows Each of your characters can only be blocked by opposing characters of the same energy type and your Sidekicks can only be blocked by sidekicks.
How would this be affecting ally dice Aunt May and Mary Jane?
I know they are considered sidekick dice and they cost energy type as well so
Does this mean that they can only be blocked by sidekicks?
Or does it mean that they can only be blocked by sidekicks that cost that energy symbol?


That is a good question that hasn't fully been answered yet. You could make an argument either way. If it's super-important to you, I would check with the TO/Judge at the event you are planning to use it at.

Until further clarification I'd probably say that they can only be blocked by Sidekicks of that energy type (which functionally means that only MJ can block MJ, and only Aunt May can block Aunt May).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
Ok not quite sure how this would work it came up during a game when i was playing with another person. They have Groot - We Are Groot which gives all your other fielded character +3D. They also have a
Ant-Man Pym Particals- which has Ant-man gets +2D while attacking Global pay a fist switch the attack and defense value of one of your characters. They are using the global of course for it. Would the +3d be switch with the defense to the attack or would it stay +3d after the switch?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
Ok not quite sure how this would work it came up during a game when i was playing with another person. They have Groot - We Are Groot which gives all your other fielded character +3D. They also have a
Ant-Man Pym Particals- which has Ant-man gets +2D while attacking Global pay a fist switch the attack and defense value of one of your characters. They are using the global of course for it. Would the +3d be switch with the defense to the attack or would it stay +3d after the switch?


Difference between "applied" effects (one-time) and "static" effects (continuous).

Groot's ability is a "static" effect - it will always boost the character's D by 3, as long as Groot is active. It cannot be swapped (by Ant-Man Global, Transfer Power Global, or Archnemesis Global).

Example: I have a character with 2A / 5D. Groot is active. The character is considered to have 2A / 8D. If you use Groot's ability, only the base stats will switch, so afterwards the character would be 5A / 5D.

"Applied" effects are one-shots - use an action die or Global Ability, give a character +2A. These can be swapped by the above abilities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
so pretty much what your saying is that it would have be a global effect
lets just say Mystical Elf: Everlasting Support which global is pay a shield to get +1D or a basic action like Take Cover which gives characters get +2d */** +3d instead pay shield to give target character +1d before the use of ant-mans global. Because if you do the ant man first then the elf after then the defense would be what the attack was originally and the attack be what the defense was +1.

Can you please tell me where you get this information at so that way we can have it on hand in the rule book just in case the situation comes up again becuase we don't have a dice masters judge where we are at to declare yeah or nah on things only thing we have to go by is the rule books. We been looking in all the rule books and see nothing thus far on what you are saying.


And if im not mistaking Pepper Potts - Personal Secretary of Tony Stark pepper pott can't attack> While Pepper potts is active, all your blocking character dice gets +2 until end of turn would be able to be affected by the ant man global or not becuase it has the first part being a static and the second part being the other.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
so pretty much what your saying is that it would have be a global effect
lets just say Mystical Elf: Everlasting Support which global is pay a shield to get +1D or a basic action like Take Cover which gives characters get +2d */** +3d instead pay shield to give target character +1d before the use of ant-mans global. Because if you do the ant man first then the elf after then the defense would be what the attack was originally and the attack be what the defense was +1.

Can you please tell me where you get this information at so that way we can have it on hand in the rule book just in case the situation comes up again becuase we don't have a dice masters judge where we are at to declare yeah or nah on things only thing we have to go by is the rule books. We been looking in all the rule books and see nothing thus far on what you are saying.


http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2118

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
man they need to start putting official rules in the rule book when ever they come up with a new series so that way we wouldn't have to worry about looking for ourself online and wonder why they made the official ruling for this like this i know i couldn't find it any wheres in rule book and can be easily argued i think at lease heck for that if they wanted to make ant mans global no and void to because if you think a character is permanently out there as well so in that retro speck can't be changed either i don't know i guess i am just looking to find an argument with some of their official rulings just be cause it can be argued with.

not only this but in the rule book it clearly says the while active "mean when one or more of that character is fielded
Heck for any so called official ruling it litterly could be any body a mod or any one that is even not from whizkids making those rules up with their thumbs where the sun don't sine in mommys basement. i don't know I myself don't see any kind of official ruling unless it is in the book. or every one knows about and not argue the point of it should't be that way.
They have so many new series coming out they could easily put it some wheres in one of their rule book any kind of new rule they just want to make up out of the blue i love the game i really do but when something can be argued like the 2 different things can't be combine without some kind of explanation or making it in the rule book I myself and lot of people go to think they do not exists only becuase some one says so that we have no clue who just some random person that have nothing to do with rule book. That person can make any rule up even if it doesn't makes since and we would have to follow it becuase it is officially said from them no thank you I will continue going by book. And I don't see how a judge can argue with a book rule. It doesn't say anything about being a static and or continuous the only thing that has a continuous is certain spells. all the fancy words you want to for those 2 abilities the rule book says when fielded and while active stuff for the characters nothing else.

Let them bring it out in rulebook so it can be an official rule becuase not just some joe blow said so.

Heck for that reason why not just give charters flying like magic like making angel have flying since he has wings as well as characters that should have flying.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
Just curious how would the experience thing would work from D&D against other series since none of the other ones have that type of monster with the symbol. It just seems odd that they made it to where they only get experience from koing a monster and those monsters are from only d&d When they are suppose to be compatible. With other series if it was so compatible then instead of just creatures should't it say creature or character? I been having it if someone has the experience character/or creature and they know out a different series besides d&d it would still take affect it just seem the logical thing to do. Am i right fro doings so since the different series is suppose to be able to be played with one another?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because they are compatible doesn't mean that every card or mechanic needs to be 100% compatible. Your Marvel cards that give benefits to Avengers or X-Men won't do a whole lot with DC cards. Nor will you find the Justice League or Yellow Lanterns in Marvel sets.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
Well I was just simply asking a question that i thought wasn't wrong for asking. Didn't have to be so rude when answering it duh avengers wouldn't get any kind of justice league thing totally different teams for one and 2 different comics series for the second thing. It just seems wrong if you are using d&d against other series then there be no way to do the whole thing unless you koed one of your monsters on purpose to just give it the experience thing a +1/+1. I don't know I just thing it should be a official ruling on it if you are playing other series that it could be monsters characters or what have you make it more compatible the other thing is understandable that wouldn't be compatible and just wrong to think so. I think I will stick with way I am playing that ability for now at lease till a judge or something says something about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you're playing that way, you are incorrect (there are multiple rulings on the WKRF about how the Experience mechanic works).

If it makes more sense, think of it as KOing a character with the Monster affiliation. Just like, say, Magneto could get a bonus for KOing a character with the X-Men affiliation.

You can also use the Basic Action Card Infiltrate, from the Age of Ultron set, to give any character 1 affiliation of your choice. If you give one of your opponents the Monster affiliation, you could then KO it for Experience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
I know the new d&d series have a couple of new abilities One of the newest one Fabricate very interesting The ability is Fabricate: Ko a certain number of characters with total the character that has fabricate or more to buy that character for free. The way it reads it could be any characters even the opponents. At lease for now until it is officially ruled other wise. Am I right thinking this or have they already officially announced something on this.

Oh yeah another question would Beholder Master Aberration affect Chainmail, Flaming Sword, Mordenkainen's Sword Basic Actions that are are equipment as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
I know the new d&d series have a couple of new abilities One of the newest one Fabricate very interesting The ability is Fabricate: Ko a certain number of characters with total the character that has fabricate or more to buy that character for free. The way it reads it could be any characters even the opponents. At lease for now until it is officially ruled otherwise. Am I right thinking this or have they already officially announced something on this.


It is a cost. You cannot avoid paying costs.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8509
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
I know its a cost to do the fabricate and can't avoid cost but the question was since it says the fabricate says ko and not specific doesn't that mean you can ko your opponents dice to you are still paying for the fabricate cost by koing their characters. The answer didn't really help answer the 2 questions. Or related to either one.

The first question again is Can I ko the opponents dice to pay for the fabricate cost?

The second question that you just totally skipped past was how would Beholder Master Aberration affect the basic actions of Chainmail, Flaming Sword, and Mordenkainen's Sword? I would assume since they are basic action and since you can use all basic actions when he attacks you would have to put some kind of token to represent that basic action since it is also an equipment to. I might be wrong for assuming that.

I thank you for trying to answer the questions but I think you missed the mark on both so to speak that is why I requestion them in a different way maybe that will help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
i am still kinda of waiting for an answer on my 2 questions i am not trying to get the fabricate for free i was just hoping to get an answer since it says ko and not specific does that mean you can ko any character mines or my opponents for the cost.

Because if it mines only it would be like fusion from yughio or that what they where going for.

Then the second question is that if I attacked with
Beholder Master Aberration first and have either one or both of the basic actions of Chainmail Armor and/or Flaming Sword
They are both equipment and basic actions and since they are basic action the rule of his attack would apply to them as far as I know I may be wrong about this and since you can't equip the die to a character becuase there is no die to aquip with I would assume that you would have to place a counter on it in its place but it may just be me and guessing
Have no one to turn to to make a legal judgement on anything I have tried to send something to wiz kids about both matters but they never responded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
i am still kinda of waiting for an answer on my 2 questions i am not trying to get the fabricate for free i was just hoping to get an answer since it says ko and not specific does that mean you can ko any character mines or my opponents for the cost.

Because if it mines only it would be like fusion from yughio or that what they where going for.

Then the second question is that if I attacked with
Beholder Master Aberration first and have either one or both of the basic actions of Chainmail Armor and/or Flaming Sword
They are both equipment and basic actions and since they are basic action the rule of his attack would apply to them as far as I know I may be wrong about this and since you can't equip the die to a character becuase there is no die to aquip with I would assume that you would have to place a counter on it in its place but it may just be me and guessing
Have no one to turn to to make a legal judgement on anything I have tried to send something to wiz kids about both matters but they never responded.



They ruled on Fabricate, and yes it is intended to work like Fusion:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9759

As for the Beholder / Gear interaction, that hasn't been ruled on yet. Here is the exact text for the 'Equip' keyword from the D&D2 Rulebook:

Quote:
Gear dice with Equip are put in the Field Zone. When  fielded and at the start of each turn, you may attach it to a character die that has {GEAR} icon on their card, even if it is already attached. If the character this die is attached to leaves the Field Zone, this die stays in the Field Zone.


So the Beholder "using" the BAC would simply put it into the Field Zone (first sentence), but it wouldn't do anything else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
I have a question for you
If I have Loki - Loki Laufeyson which does-While Loki is active, once per turn you may pay lighting to deal 1 damage to a character die. That character die loses all of its abilities until end of turn. You may use this ability whenever you could use a Global Ability. Doesn't that also affects when fielded abilities? If used when one of those characters is fielded. I'm pretty sure it does since global can be used at any time unless said other wise.


oh what about half-elf bard: apprentice order of the gauntlet which has
While Half-Elf Bard is active, your other character dice of equal or lower level to your highest level Half-Elf Bard are not affected by opposing character abilities. Does this also counts as when fielded.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
I have a question for you
If I have Loki - Loki Laufeyson which does-While Loki is active, once per turn you may pay lighting to deal 1 damage to a character die. That character die loses all of its abilities until end of turn. You may use this ability whenever you could use a Global Ability. Doesn't that also affects when fielded abilities? If used when one of those characters is fielded. I'm pretty sure it does since global can be used at any time unless said other wise.


If you are the inactive player, you have two opportunities to use Global Abilities - during the Main Step or during the Attack Step (after blockers declared, before combat resolves).

Both of these times the Active Player gets to do as much as they want to before passing priority to you. Only then would you be able to use Loki's ability. So they can field as many characters as they want before you'd have the opportunity to blank their text.


Quote:
oh what about half-elf bard: apprentice order of the gauntlet which has
While Half-Elf Bard is active, your other character dice of equal or lower level to your highest level Half-Elf Bard are not affected by opposing character abilities. Does this also counts as when fielded.



I'm not sure what you mean by "When Fielded" in this context. If you have a level 3 Half-Elf Bard, no opposing character abilities can affect any of your characters (except for Half-Elf Bard).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
i was just saying any thing in general that might affect one or all of your characters when they got fielded there are a few out there I just toss one out there for you Apocalypse Earth-295 has When fielded, reroll all other non- Apocalypse characters.
Your opponent takes 2 damage for each of his or her dice that rolled energy.

They would not be able to reroll any of your characters except Half-elf bard and only what level or higher except level3 of that half elf bard. And their none Apocalypse characters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
i was just saying any thing in general that might affect one or all of your characters when they got fielded there are a few out there I just toss one out there for you Apocalypse Earth-295 has When fielded, reroll all other non- Apocalypse characters.
Your opponent takes 2 damage for each of his or her dice that rolled energy.

They would not be able to reroll any of your characters except Half-elf bard and only what level or higher except level3 of that half elf bard. And their none Apocalypse characters.


Correct. If you had a level 2 Half-Elf Bard, all your non-Bard characters that are level 1 or 2 (including Sidekicks) would NOT have to be rerolled. If you had a level 3 Bard, only the Bard itself would have to be rolled.

Either way your opponent would also be rolling all their characters (other than Apocalypse).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
ok not sure if this is correct or not but a person has Distraction basic action which has Your opponent targets two of his or her characters. Those characters cannot block (this turn). Pay [1 Mask] to remove one attacker from the attack zone to the field. and they also have Anger Issues Basic action also which has Target character gets +3 A and Overcrush until end of turn. (Damage dealt in excess of blockers's health is dealt to opponent.) Now the use the Anger Issue on one of their characters then use the Distraction to make up to 2 of my characters not block and I have only the 2 to block so I would have to pick the 2 that I have. And they are attacking with the Overcrush character and then uses the global from distraction on the same character so the over crush would go through still right? I am just guessing at this for the reading of a capture die thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you had it right all the way up until the Distraction Global. If the attacking character were removed from the Attack Zone back to the Field, then NONE of their damage would go through.

Note that your opponent would have to play the Distraction action die during the Main Step to force your characters not to block. If it were played after blockers were already assigned, it would not do anything (since it doesn't remove blockers, only make them unable to be assigned as blockers, which has already happened).

If you still had one blocker remaining, and the Overcrushing attacker is NOT Distracted back, then it would hit the blocker, potentially KO him and deal leftover damage to you, then return to the Field (if he wasn't KO'd in the process).

If you had no blockers, and he wasn't Distracted back, he would hit unblocked and go to Used.

Overcrush only reassigns combat damage. The situation I suspect you're thinking of is characters who deal ability damage "when attacking". So they would be assigned to attack, deal their ability damage, then you could Distract them back to use them again next turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.