Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Market Cards you acquire for free for finishing a quest also score you points for claiming them?

I finished the Hydra Quest on the last turn which gave me two pulls and another 14 points. With 5 pulls to my opponent's 1 over the course of the game, this was probably 30 extra points for me.

Quest Reward:

Market cards – players can look through the market discard deck and acquire a single card at no cost. Note: Players cannot take from the previously purchased single-use market cards which have been remove from the game.

End of Game Scoring:

The sum of the prestige point values of every market card owned by the player (this includes unique weapon designs, market bonus cards and claimed public weapon designs.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've answered your own question........, so yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
robbin 1 wrote:
You've answered your own question........, so yes.

It just seems odd. At first glance, the questcards with pulls seem to be valued about the same as other cards. The hydra card is worth 41 points, for only 4 steps, although you do need 32 w/axe to finish it and it doesn't have any rewards along the way. So being able to add an extra 14 or more points seems like it might be balanced, but after only one play, it seemed best to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

It just seems odd. At first glance, the questcards with pulls seem to be valued about the same as other cards. The hydra card is worth 41 points, for only 4 steps, although you do need 32 w/axe to finish it and it doesn't have any rewards along the way. So being able to add an extra 14 or more points seems like it might be balanced, but after only one play, it seemed best to clarify.

The card draw ability's usefulness really depends on what's been discarded from the market when you complete the quest; sometimes it can net you a lot of points, sometimes it'll get you nothing. It largely depends on what the other players have been doing (and when the quest comes up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.