Subject: Signal movement & reveal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

In this example "Alien Assault" comes into Game, and this signal should move 3 areas toward to the closest agent.

So can i move the first area and have to reveal the signal token, can i do this on location(2) or must it be on location (1) - because its the first logical hex that this signal enters, and triggers LOS.

[IMG]www.traberforum.at/Grafik/test.png[/IMG]

thanks for help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See "Signal Movement" on page 33 in the rules book. It states that the signal is revealed immediately when it enters LOS of an agent and also that movement immediately stops as soon as it is revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signals move from center hex to center hex, but you move it through all the hexes in the way... So if it's revealed before it reaches the next center hex, you stop it right there.

In your case, it's 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks dennis & felipe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tchuli wrote:
Signals move from center hex to center hex, but you move it through all the hexes in the way... So if it's revealed before it reaches the next center hex, you stop it right there.

In your case, it's 1.

This is incorrect. Signals and aliens both do not move through intervening hexes; instead they move directly from center hex to center hex and then redeploy from there (Agent S has said you should think of it thematically like short-range teleporting).

So in your example, the signal moves to the center hex of the #1 area, is immediately revealed, and stops moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Tchuli wrote:

In your case, it's 1.

This is incorrect. Signals and aliens both do not move through intervening hexes; instead they move directly from center hex to center hex and then redeploy from there (Agent S has said you should think of it thematically like short-range teleporting).

So in your example, the signal moves to the center hex of the #1 area, is immediately revealed, and stops moving.

I house ruled that they do not "teleport" but do move area to area via a hex based path. So there is a chance they would reveal in a non-center hex. This also improves the effectiveness of guard abilities to balance out the increased chances of revealed signals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Tchuli wrote:

In your case, it's 1.

Its thematic if the signal was an alien... If it was an human, it wouldn't make sense.
But I do believe that I've read exactly that (the hex by hex movement) from Agent S a long time ago...

I'll take a look and try to find the post that gave me that idea... If I can't, sorry Markus for giving you wrong information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found another post by Agent S talking about that.
Skaak is right.

I guess I remembered the "every single movement" and went from that to "hex by hex".
Again, sorry Markus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
No Problem - from our side we will use houserules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.