Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Goodknecht
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing this with my gaming partner last night, we came up against a problem I never had noticed before concerning Union Sea Lift and Sea Movement.

The rules state: Any Union SP which begins the Pulse in a coastal hex may use Sea Movement. In addition, an SP that begins a Pulse in a hex that has a navigable river hexside can use Sea Movement.

Nowhere could we find any Command Point cost for moving these units. By turn four, the Union Sea Lift Capacity is 20 SP's per turn and it continues to spiral upward to 42 SP's per turn by game's end.

So taking the rules literally, all of these units may move for free? No Command Point cost or dice difference cost? Or are we missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay the movement point cost of activation just as you would for land movement, but you can only use naval and/or discretionary CPs for this kind of movement.

So, if you are moving SPs individually, you would pay 1 naval/disc CP per SP. If you are activating a leader, you pay the leader's initiative cost in naval/disc CPs.

Keep in mind that amphibious invasions, should they enter an all-sea or coastal hex along the way, also count against sea lift capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Goodknecht
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, Fred. Your answer is what we assumed but the rule book sounded vague and ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely check out the unofficial 3rd edition ruleset, available in the files section. Many people worked for a long time to clear up most ambiguities, and add things that make the game so much better.

You are also welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Goodknecht
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did print the 3rd edition rule book a long time ago but I haven't gone through it much yet. Now that I'm playing the game again, I'll be sure to check it out more closely. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.