3 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dale bot solo game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I've played this game a few times now, I thought id give it a go solo, I won very easily 103 -59, which has me wondering whether I played it correctly, dale couldn't get many tiles which gave him reputation, as the rules say, dale buys the most expensive tile, which mainly gave him tiles which provided income, he did end the game with a lot of money, but not much reputation at all. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cant
United Kingdom
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules say if there's a choice to choose reputation over income for dale.

When I play Once dales income is above 3 I reduce it by 3 and then he never pays for anything. He'll still end the game with tons of money but he normally quite close population wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same experience when playing solo with dale the bot. I finished with 125 points while Dale finished with 44. I found he was doing very well with income from the start to the end of the game but is reputation only started increasing right towards the end of the game.

I followed the rules that he buys the most expensive tile which tended to be income based tiles. The rule about choosing reputation over income is when you place the tile, if you can get a better deal with reputation when placing you go with that.

But after reading through the rules again it seems i didnt miss anything, will just have to try a few more times to see if this was just out of the ordinary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.