M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Well, unlike Steve, David certainly seems to think it's a big deal.

David, the details you posted are somewhat misleading. The problem arose due to a production issue that affects different countersheets differently, and so what you describe does not apply to every countersheet. Also, on the countersheet you describe, 18 of the arrows are actually in the right place because the arrows are generally placed in blocks.

I'm mortified that this happened. We are trying to work out what to do about it. But I'll note two things.

First, the only situation when the arrows will affect play is when you play with Optional Rule 14.1 (Facing). So until people reach the point where they actually use that rule, we will have time to find a fix because otherwise the arrows are not relevant to play, they are purely aesthetic. Since everyone who plays without 14.1 can safely ignore it (and clearly has ignored it over the lifetime of the system), it should not be too much of a hurdle now.

Second, even if someone now notices that the rule exists because of this discussion, and wants to play with that rule now , you can still do so. Even if a TF and sighting counter does not carry the arrow, the counter orientation is made clear by the text orientation which is always the same as the arrow. So it is largely an aesthetic issue, the arrows are a reinforcing element but not the sole carrier of the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
I had deleted this post and it came back, so I deleted it again. Markus is correct, I didn't fully understand the issue with the arrows and their placement, and I posted my remarks before I checked with Markus first, regrettably. It is a small issue at most, and hasn't impacted the play in 3 games I've finished so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.