Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet, but we excitedly opened our copy to play and inside we had two metal volcano tops but no base!

We requested a replacement part for the missing base (which HABA says on their site is supposed to arrive in 2-4 weeks, though I've not heard back from them so here's hoping). There's nothing like having your daughters peel back the shrink wrap with excitement only to discover a game is unplayable out of the box. It's pretty anti-climactic!

"Um. Well, hey, doesn't this look like it'll be fun someday? Go get your shoes on...we're going outside!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a box from Haba today! I swear there was an Internet joke about bars of soap showing up in a hotel room that is just like this situation. I opened the box, and inside was another top piece. I now have three top pieces, and still no base. cry

To Haba's credit, though, they are trying to help. I just wish they were as accurate with their aid as they are speedy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Emanuele Lanzavecchia
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!
Please, let me know if you had new good news for the bottom piece!

Also write me in MP for details...i'll try to help on my game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlo has been so kind to me, even going so far as to offer to send me the missing piece himself. Fortunately, Haba USA finally sent me the correct piece and a little over a month after buying the game, we were able to play it. One of my daughters immediately declared it one of her favorite games, so all's well that ends well!

Thank you again, Carlo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.