Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick L
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of this game and want to pick it up when it comes into my local game store; it reminds me a lot of the 70's game by Waddingtons "Land Grab"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I'm glad to hear you're interested in New York 1901. Thank you also for bringing 'Land Grab' to my attention. I hadn't heard of it although it seems to have had some success in Canada where I'm from. Interestingly, there's a special action card in New York 1901 called 'Land Grab' (I'll let you discover it). Makes me even more curious to try 'Land Grab' the game. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I too have land grab.
It does look like it is inspired from it.

But the play is different and the major flaw of land grab is that to win you had to build the stadium with a square of 3X3. If you were not able to get such a land property, you could not win?? So blocking an opponent would be a major tactic. House ruling was mandatory here.

Another game that was similar is Metropolis which was far better.
And then there was the fabulous Big City wich was really good.

All those games are very similar but they all have a different aproach.

New york plays different enough to be enjoyable but the lack of plastic buildings just like Big city has would have made it awesome. Maybe a expansion?

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's talk of a 3d version...
I hope it happens too.
Merci Pierre!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for a 3d version.

Is there any discussion of following Ticket to Ride's marketing plan and having games in different cities and introducing new factors that influence the game, like tunnels and stations in Ticket to Ride Europe? Chicago Loop, Abu Dhabi, San Francisco, London all would be pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.