United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb

This will be the subscription thread for the Solo RPGs on Your Table monthly geeklist. This is a highly experimental attempt to emulate, in some small way, the success of Solitaire Games On Your Table over on BGG in creating and encouraging a thriving community.

I (or the author of each monthly geeklist) will post a reply here with a link to the newest geeklist authored. Similar to the Solitaire Games on Your Table Monthly Geeklist SUBSCRIPTION THREAD I'm hoping eventually a few people volunteer to help with the geeklists. If and when this happens, you'll find a schedule of those people below. As time passes, I will try to update the schedule below so it shows only the future schedule and not the prior months.

October 2015 - weateallthepies
November 2015 - No, I don't really have any idea what I'm doing either...
December 2015 - Feel free to volunteer!
January 2016 - You never have to do it again if you don't enjoy it...
February 2016 - You sir! Yes, you with the head!
March 2016 - Don't pretend you don't know who I'm talking to...

For those future heroes who are authoring a Solo RPGs on your Table Monthly Geeklist, make it your own and include whatever you'd like in the header that you think will make it a better resource for those who stop by. The only things I ask that we are consistent on are the following:

d10-1 Keep the title to each Geeklist the same, changing only the month and year of the geeklist title. Solo RPGs on your Table - (Month Year)
d10-2 Include a link to this thread, the Solo RPGs on your Table Monthly Geeklist SUBSCRIPTION THREAD, in the geeklist header.
d10-3 Include the names of the next person (or people) and the month (months) they have volunteered to author a geeklist. This way participants know we are dedicated to continuing the effort.
d10-4 Add a reply to this thread - Solo RPGs on your Table Monthly Geeklist SUBSCRIPTION THREAD with a link to the geeklist you created.

One of the best parts of this kind of list is allowing those who are passionate about our niche within a niche hobby to have another way to participate in the hobby and share their thoughts, opinions, ideas, and own unique character with a large group of fellow gamers. Active and friendly participation is the most important thing!

This is a great way to learn about RPGs out there you may not know about and the very many inventive ways that people go about using them solo. It also gives us another way to share information about the value and fun of RPGs and the various solo systems out there. In fact, pithy comments are often more valuable when considering a new system than many session reports and reviews. Plus, this is also a good way for we solitaire roleplayers to socialize and talk about our lonely gaming!

I ask that we post only links to the monthly geeklists to this thread and try to minimize other posts unless it's the best way to get ideas or information to the audience.

Also, if you have suggestions for these monthly geeklists, please GM me, GM the current month's author, or post your ideas in the comment section of the current geeklist so we can discuss them.

Most important of all, please visit and participate by letting us know what you're playing and your thoughts about those games and the games others are playing.

Please subscribe to this thread so you don't miss out! Oh, and while you're at it join the Solo Roleplaying Guild

p.s. Finally, this is a shameless re-skinning of the very successful Solitaire Games On Your Table subscription thread. Many thanks to ryanmobile for allowing me to adapt the text and logo from SGOYT on BGG.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the very first and therefore highly experimental GeekList.

Yes, I know that August has only about a week to run, but I thought I'd just get the ball rolling anyway.

Solo RPGs on Your Table - August 2015

Come and join the fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. I don't know if there are enough games of this sort for it to be interesting long-term but I'm really excited to see what people post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh! September already? The list is up...

Ready! Steady! Roll!

Solo RPGs on Your Table - September 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Toth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well , I like this post and am also a member of the solo guild in boardgamegeek as well.

I guess I'm just different, I love rpg's or sorpg's (sort of rpg's), both in board game form but really love the many worlds and freedom of Rpg's.

Current systems I am using to create my own solo rpg games are mostly based of their gamebook cousins.

Lone Wolf Multiplayer
Fabled Lands
Fighting Fantasy

But I also use the 2nd of D & D and Adv D&D here and there.

I like my rules simple but I love the modules that come with rpg's and the growth of character and world.

Currently I'm using my "Frankenstiend" rules for the Lone Wolf Multiplayer game book and playing Dark Times in Brighton adventure based in the Labyrinth Lord Unknown Lands.

I created a 6 character group and formed The Black Company Rangers, which are trying to establish a hold of protection throughout the land. They need to establish a base of operations first and also winning the people and lands over.

I got that idea from the Glen Cook books of the Black Company, used some of the characters and have just started the campaign.

But as you see, I like to use a lot of differnet systems for my main solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you're doing some really interesting stuff!

Please come on over to the monthly list and tell us what you're doing right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK Solo RPGs on Your Table - October 2015 is up. It's October here....just.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Saranac
Serbia
Kragujevac
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow soloist,
G+ community Lone Wolf Roleplaying is trying to revive Solo gaming appreciation month event.

We started activity on G+, but we want to take it to the rest of the world.

Here is what we planed this year:

Welcome to the Solo Appreciation Gaming Month 2015 site on G+! This is a group effort to revive the efforts of +John Fiore to get people to show solo gaming a little love. The Lone Wolf Roleplaying community has voted to have the following activities this year:
-Freeformpalooza: Post your SGAM2015 RPG and wargaming actual plays! Do them your way!
-1 Page DYI Tools Challenge: Got a great idea for a solo tool? Share it here, and get feedback!
-3 Ingredient Solo Play: For each week of SGAM2015, three Story Cubes will be chosen randomly for you to use in your solo games. They could be main themes, plots, NPCs, locations or anything you can think of. As a bonus, a major real life event will be chosen at the start of the month for you to include in your games.

If you are interested in joining us, please go here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/10328235336572228994...

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right! Back on the horse! The November 2015 list is up...

Ready! Steady! Roll!

Solo RPGs on Your Table - November 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put up the December geeklist if you like, Simon. Just thinking ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
oberon166 wrote:
I'll put up the December geeklist if you like, Simon. Just thinking ahead.
Oliver, that would be awesome! Let me know if you'd like the raw .txt file for the header (useful mainly for the links) or indeed any other support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
h3rne wrote:
]Oliver, that would be awesome! Let me know if you'd like the raw .txt file for the header (useful mainly for the links) or indeed any other support.

Yes, that would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're into December! Here we go...

Solo RPGs on Your Table - December 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the liberty of starting the January Geeklist, as I'm sure someone's New Year's Day plans involved solo RPGs!

Solo RPGs on Your Table - January 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
February's list has been up for a while:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/204612/solo-rpgs-your-tabl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
flag msg tools
DAKKA DAKKA
badge
WAAAGH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
March is up:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/205813/solo-rpgs-your-tab...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use [geeklist=205813][/geeklist] to embed a domain-neutral link to a GeekList in a post. Or, if you want to use the whole URL, it probably makes more sense to use an rpggeek.com address given where you're posting and what the linked content is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
April?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon's listed as the host; hopefully he gets the list up soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
April?

Hopefully it's something a n00b like me can do I'm interested in joining this thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a link for April 2016?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
April?
On its way now. I only flew in from Prague late last night.

Apologies for the delay and thanks for the enthusiasm!

As Ever

Simon*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
April is up!

Solo RPGs on Your Table - April 2016

Ready? Steady! Roll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Simon, please put me down for May hosting duties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:

Simon, please put me down for May hosting duties.

I believe Gary already volunteered via the March list comments:

garyrbrooks wrote:
I'd like to host May. Would that be ok?

I'm sure it doesn't matter much, but just mentioning it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |