Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having run a few math trades using just Trademaxmizer, I've made a few formating errors. So in preperation for running a daily math trade at this year's Burning Man, we decided to write something that could quickly and easily get information parsed out for processing a trade.

It's open source, here's the link. The install instructions are also in the attached link.

https://github.com/abecorn/abecornlite

I'll include a screen shot of the interface and one of processed results.

If you don't know what Trademaximizer is
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double clicking abecorndesktop gives

After filling in all of the information and hitting process trades. Go back to the abetrades directory. Double click results. Nicely formatted html.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested in our other work.

We also run an online math trade (mostly boardgames) beefer and friendly version at www.abecorn.com

Here's our guild link on BGG, links to the trades we've run here so far.
https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1936

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is also interested, we will have lots of games to gift at Burning Man you can use to participate in the trades. We'll have plenty of other gifts as well. We'll be at 5:45 and Illusion running trade results daily at noon. We're open 8:30am-2:30pm to log your gifts.

The basic rules difference are that the host (house) always wants and offers everything listed. Participants donating gifts will have their items and name/contact info (optional) logged and offered by the house. People without gifts can offer non-tangibles or will be given some gaming trinket to offer up in the trade.

Since the internet isn't available we're using scrapbooks, poloroids, and index cards for documenting the items. Participants use white boards to write down which items they're interested in and come back before the trade results to update their lists.

For what we're mainly using this for, we didn't put in an easy way to do duplicate protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I skipped over this thread originally but maybe I shouldn't have... I just finished converting my trademax java applet gui to a java application... but since I did the applet with Swing so isn't the application... I didn't know Oracle has deprecated Swing! This JavaFX framework looks interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.