4 Posts

New York 1901» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Property rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
1) What is the purpose of the starting property tile?

2) The building on the starting property tile does not look like a skyscraper. Does it count for any purpose as a skyscraper, such as for getting a bonus for most skyscrapers on a particular street determined by a Street of New York Bonus Card?

3) Does the starting property tile count for scoring in any other way?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. Thanks for your interest in the game.
(1) The starting property gives you a starting position in the game, a position that you can choose to exploit. It also ties in to the inheritance story of the game.
(2)(3) It counts for all street majorities and for bonuses that don't specify a technology. The Clusters and Mogul Bonuses from the expansion pack are examples of bonuses for which the starting property counts.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for your response - very helpful.
You designed a terrific game. Thanks for that as well. I'm also very appreciative of the little touches, such as the beautiful back of the game board, the well designed insert in the box and the pieces already punched out.
If I were a betting man I'd bet that you have or will have a hit on your hands!
Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank YOU Richard.
Yes, I'm very very fortunate to have partnered with Blue Orange who went all out to make the game beautiful. I'm also very fortunate that they reached out to artist Vincent Dutrait. I always liked engrossing themes in a game, and that's what I wanted for New York 1901 so having an artist like Vincent on board was very very fortunate. Thanks for the encouraging words! So far so good. Hit or not, I'd be happy if I still hear from gamers 5 or 10 years from now telling me they still enjoy playing. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.