4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Losing a scenario in campaign mode vs fallen hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony C
msg tools
That question is about campaign mode.

Does the fallen hero rule only apply after you win a scenario or also applies when you lose a scenario?

Ex. I win the first scenario "Shadow of the Past" with Sam, Merry and Pippin, without losing any of them. Then, I completely fail my first attempt at completing the next scenario "A Knife in the Dark" and lose all three heroes. Since I did not complete the scenario, can I restart "A Knife in the Dark" over and over again with Sam, Merry and Pippin or I have to swap them and incur a huge 3 threat penalty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you do complete the scenario, you can just replay it until you get the result you like. Log that play in the log and ignore the others. Otherwise, the fear of losing a hero would be paralytic. These scenarios are too hard to play any other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yup...replay them until you get the desired result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ in The Road Darkens wrote:
Q: If a hero is destroyed during a scenario in Campaign Mode and I choose to replay the scenario, is that hero's name still added to the list of Fallen Heroes?

A: No. Players should only record their results in the
Campaign Log after successfully defeating a scenario.
Furthermore, if the players defeat the scenario but are still
unhappy with the result, they may choose not to record their
results and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.