Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: card sleeves for combining old and new rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it broken down easily enough for my puny brain to handle, so calling on the helpful bgg community to help me out...

I have the old version of the base game, the old version of On the Brink, and the new version of In the Lab... I know from the info page that size-wise I can use either:

Ultra-Pro, Standard Pro-Fit (64mm x 89mm; recommended for a snug fit) or
Fantasy Flight Supply, Grey Series: Standard Card Game (63.5mm x 88mm)

My question is how many different colored sleeves do I need, and how many of each color to sleeve the cards so I can play with all three sets? I don't care about sleeving the role cards or any other cards that are not essential to sleeve... I just want to convert without buying the conversion kits...I understand that there's a Toronto/Montreal change, and I'm fine with that.



Thanks!

Brian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ryan, but I'm looking for even more details than that... Unless I am missing something, the list is just giving total card counts... I think that list assumes that all the games are the same edition so doesn't factor that I will need to use opaque colored backs to correctly do the conversion. What I am looking is for something like: (and keep In mind I'm just choosing these colors for sleeves as an example and pulling these numbers out of the air):

Infection deck - red -42 cards
Player deck - blue - 79 cards (42 city cards + 7 epidemic cards all sets + 12 virulent strain cards from Both expansions+ 15 special event cards from base and all expansions) + 3 mutation cards + any other cards that would be combined to this deck
Any other deck that would be combined between the base and expansions (if there are any) - green - 18 cards

I don't need to know the total break down of how many cards from each set like above... But just a break down of how many colors I need and how many of each color... So:

Color 1 - 42
Color 2 - 79
Color 3 - 18

I know I can just start reading all the contents and manuals to figure this out, but I'm not too familiar with the expansions yet, and was hoping the info was more readily available...

Or maybe I'm asking too much? Also trying to figure out if it's cost effective (and worth my time) to do the sleeving as opposed to buying both the official conversion kits that I would need since I have the old base, the old On the Brink, and the new In the Lab.

Regardless, thanks for the help.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... after writing that long message above, I figured if I could spend that much time trying to explain what I want, maybe I should just go and figure it out myself... hopefully this will benefit others.

So, ASSUMING I counted everything correctly, here's the sleeves I would need... again, the colors I am stating are just the colors I decided to go with, you can use any color you want for each:

Player deck - Blue backing - total of 93
48 city (base)
+6 epidemic cards (base)
+5 Special Events (base)
+2 Blank Special Event cards (OTB)
+5 Special Event Cards (OTB)
+1 epidemic card (OTB)
+3 Mutation Events (OTB)
+8 Virulent Strain events (OTB)
+3 Special Event Cards (Lab)
+2 Virulent Strain Cards (Lab)
+10 Bonus Cards (Lab)

Epidemic Deck - Black Backing - total of 52
48 city (base)
+2 Mutation cards (OTB)
+ 2 Mutation cards (Lab)

Role Cards - Green Backing - total of 20
4 Role Cards (base) (there are really 5 but Operation Expert is revised from OTB)
+8 Role (OTB)
+4 Role (Lab)
+2 Blank Roles
+2 Revised Roles (Only when using the Lab)

Cards that don't necessarily need sleeves as there is no set mixing and some are double sided so colored opaque sleeves wouldn't work):
1 CDC card (Lab) (for solo play)
8 Goal cards (Lab)
14 Sequence Cards (Lab)
5 Reference cards (4 from base, 1 from Lab)
5 Lab Reference cards (Lab)

If anyone wants to confirm my numbers... espeically since I have never really played the expansions (only mixed in the roles from OTB), I would appreciate it.

Thanks, and hope this helps others too.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joemomma wrote:
Player deck - Blue backing - total of 93
48 city (base)
+6 epidemic cards (base)
+5 Special Events (base)
+2 Blank Special Event cards (OTB)
+5 Special Event Cards (OTB)
+1 epidemic card (OTB)
+3 Mutation Events (OTB)
+8 Virulent Strain events (OTB)
+3 Special Event Cards (Lab)
+2 Virulent Strain Cards (Lab)
+10 Bonus Cards (Lab)

8 Special Event Cards (OTB)

That was the only miscount I spotted. Aside from that, we don't use the old role cards for Reseacher and Epidemiologist anymore, it's clearly stated on the card that they also have a Lab Challenge only power. And if I may suggest, you could use the blank role cards for the Quarantine Specialist and Contingency Planner, just print their role cards and put them in a sleeve.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seen wrote:
joemomma wrote:
Player deck - Blue backing - total of 93
48 city (base)
+6 epidemic cards (base)
+5 Special Events (base)
+2 Blank Special Event cards (OTB)
+5 Special Event Cards (OTB)
+1 epidemic card (OTB)
+3 Mutation Events (OTB)
+8 Virulent Strain events (OTB)
+3 Special Event Cards (Lab)
+2 Virulent Strain Cards (Lab)
+10 Bonus Cards (Lab)

8 Special Event Cards (OTB)

That was the only miscount I spotted. Aside from that, we don't use the old role cards for Reseacher and Epidemiologist anymore, it's clearly stated on the card that they also have a Lab Challenge only power. And if I may suggest, you could use the blank role cards for the Quarantine Specialist and Contingency Planner, just print their role cards and put them in a sleeve.


Thanks! Though one thing you said confused me... Why use the blanks and print the Quarantine Spec and Cont Planner instead of just using their original role cards? What am I missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joemomma wrote:
Seen wrote:
joemomma wrote:
Player deck - Blue backing - total of 93
48 city (base)
+6 epidemic cards (base)
+5 Special Events (base)
+2 Blank Special Event cards (OTB)
+5 Special Event Cards (OTB)
+1 epidemic card (OTB)
+3 Mutation Events (OTB)
+8 Virulent Strain events (OTB)
+3 Special Event Cards (Lab)
+2 Virulent Strain Cards (Lab)
+10 Bonus Cards (Lab)

8 Special Event Cards (OTB)

That was the only miscount I spotted. Aside from that, we don't use the old role cards for Reseacher and Epidemiologist anymore, it's clearly stated on the card that they also have a Lab Challenge only power. And if I may suggest, you could use the blank role cards for the Quarantine Specialist and Contingency Planner, just print their role cards and put them in a sleeve.


Thanks! Though one thing you said confused me... Why use the blanks and print the Quarantine Spec and Cont Planner instead of just using their original role cards? What am I missing?

Hmm, I figured you have the 1st edition of the base game, and these two roles are only available in the 2nd edition of the base set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seen wrote:

Hmm, I figured you have the 1st edition of the base game, and these two roles are only available in the 2nd edition of the base set.


Oops, you are correct... i must have been thinking of the iPad version that has those two cards... Thanks, will definitely use the blanks for those 2, I like those roles! Thanks again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.