Popular Tags: [View All]
Mendel Lius
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have some trouble understanding the rationale behind the 2nd option for units wandering behind enemy lines behavior (10.8) : "Move the unit into a Westwall hex and stop if the unit can reach such an hex in a single move".

Is it because occupying Westwall hexes occupied by allied units make you lose VPs? So it is only a mechanism designed to prevent the player not to leave units behind him?

I have trouble imagining an allied colonel "come on guys, we are beaten and cut off but never mind, let's assault Germanay! Go east!".

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
They have nice warm pillboxes. It's cold in December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Tom's reply makes a good point. But the primary purpose is as you say Mendel. It forces the German Player to deal with bypassed enemy units. Also, in the 2-player game, its a good tactic for the Allied Player to grab Westwall hexes for the VPs, so it makes sense that the Allied AI should attempt to do the same in the German Solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendel Lius
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, John!

As the Westwall has to be reached in one move only, I guess the incentive to deal with these units is only valid to unit close to the Westwall? However, mechanized units can go a long way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.