Popular Tags: [View All]
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey there
It's already at pre order with good price.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgwhq01.html
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/218404
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn that's cheap.. shame both of their shipping charges are expensive to EU

Although, probably not as bad as Brasil..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
Damn that's cheap.. shame both of their shipping charges are expensive to EU

Although, probably not as bad as Brasil..

shipping for us is about U$43 plus cambio rate and 60% taxes... pretty sad.
we have to make a huge buy to worth the costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my company has an office in Brasil... import tax is awful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore those preorders. The companies add them whenever they want. There is a preorder of the next Game of Thrones book and that one is FAR from being done (think years)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Sremić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Ignore those preorders. The companies add them whenever they want. There is a preorder of the next Game of Thrones book and that one is FAR from being done (think years)

Little off topic, but I think Martin said something in one interview recently about finishing book before the next TV show season kicks air in April 2016 (but it was more like his wish, I also don't think it will be out by then).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lulavac wrote:
Nushura wrote:

Little off topic, but I think Martin said something in one interview recently about finishing book before the next TV show season kicks air in April 2016 (but it was more like his wish, I also don't think it will be out by then).

Yeah, starting to get a bit off-topic, but if the publishing-distribution change of games follows a similar model to how comic books are pre-ordered, retailers generally post pre-orders when they are available for ordering from their distributors. (I mean how else do they know the actual price they can offer to sell an item.) At least for comic books that's generally about 3 months away. Whether the publisher is actually able to deliver on time and anticipate the demand of a game to fulfill orders, however, is a different matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
secoAce wrote:
lulavac wrote:
Nushura wrote:

Yeah, starting to get a bit off-topic, but if the publishing-distribution change of games follows a similar model to how comic books are pre-ordered, retailers generally post pre-orders when they are available for ordering from their distributors. (I mean how else do they know the actual price they can offer to sell an item.) At least for comic books that's generally about 3 months away. Whether the publisher is actually able to deliver on time and anticipate the demand of a game to fulfill orders, however, is a different matter.

From what I understand you are correct. They don't randomly place up preorders whenever they'd like, they put them up as soon as the information/listing is available from distributors.

Distributors use preorders numbers to gauge how many they wish to order.

Publishers user distributor numbers to gauge print run numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, CSI is now showing a November release date. I believe it had previously said third quarter, which seemed optimistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Karat
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
secoAce wrote:
lulavac wrote:
Nushura wrote:

From what I understand you are correct. They don't randomly place up preorders whenever they'd like, they put them up as soon as the information/listing is available from distributors.

Distributors use preorders numbers to gauge how many they wish to order.

Publishers user distributor numbers to gauge print run numbers.

However, the distributor listings are sometimes arbitrary. Occasionally, a designer gets confused when distributors are taking preorders because they didn't set a release date or price yet. All it takes is an ad or teaser or listing or demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.