Subject: Two quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Getting ready to set up the Budapest scenario and have a couple questions. At the start of the rules, two intro scenarios are mentioned, Hungary 1945 (assume it's the Budapest scenario) and Berlin 1945. I can't find anything in the components with a Berlin scenario. Am I missing something?

Second, the Zhukov support must be played and all attacks are hourra attacks. But in mud, hourra attacks cannot be conducted. What happens when your TO draws the marker during mud? Does that mean it cannot conduct attacks that turn?

Looking forward to the hours spent playing this game.

Cheers,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Raitt
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find the Berlin scenario anywhere either.

Zhukov and mud seem contradictory. Maybe disregard the hourra part whilst fulfilling the column shift and extra attacker hit on doubles. Mud has priority over Zhukov as it appears in 4 places (rule 3.22c, rule 7.64, weather chart and Hourra box right under Zhukov support description with a red no for emphasis) whilst Zhukov appears only once.

A really mean German rules lawyer might make you pay the extra attacker hit for Hourra without gaining the exploit bonus but I think thats going too far. You can always just not attack with that TO as mud attacks are pretty dodgy anyway.

You could add a rule that Zhukov can't be played during mud turns like Bogdanov, Rybalko and Katukov. Use it for reinforcement or delay till the ground firms up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm planning solo so I'd be arguing with myself. Not unheard of, mind you.

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.