Hide
5 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playbook - page 17 and page 19 illustrations - ARVN Ranger totals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve john
msg tools
There are six ARVN Rangers in the game, but seven are depicted in the page 17 example of the Playbook.

The page 17 example shows three ARVN Rangers in the out of play box, one in Kien Giang, one in Tay Ninh, one in Saigon, and one in the Available box, for a total of seven.

The page 19 example also shows a total of seven, not six, ARVN Rangers.

Or, am I misreading/missing something (which could well be the case!)

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That's a mistake in the picture, though an inconsequential one. Well spotted!

I'm guessing it's that ranger showing its star side in the available box that is the extra one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
masil wrote:
That's a mistake in the picture, though an inconsequential one. Well spotted!

I'm guessing it's that ranger showing its star side in the available box that is the extra one.

I ran across this last weekend while working through Example 1. I believe the illustration on p. 17 is in error:

* At the beginning of the scenario, 1 Ranger each is deployed in Saigon, Tay Ninh and Kien Giang.

* At the close of Tet, Rangers in Tay and Saigon suffer removal by VC/NVA attack.

Hence, I believe there should be 1 Ranger on the board in Kien Giang, and 2 Rangers in ARVN Available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Running the same example also right now, but following the text, the error is not inconsequential (I think): the text says a ranger is removed due to a successful attack in Tay Ninh leaving 5 (2 US troop + 1 base + 2 AVRN troop) vs. 5 (2 VC + 2 NVA guerrilas, 1 VC base) in Tay, which leads to loss of COIN control (as stated in the text...) and a drop of COIN+Patron to 40 - also wrong on the pic.
Oversight on my part, or wrong example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.