Golem Arcana» Forums » General

Subject: What expansions first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dober Man
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Just got the base game and love it so far. I want to get a few expansions. Which ones are good? In what order would you recommend I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My first suggestion to new players looking to expand the golems they own is to start with the Urugal and Zikia expansions. Which wave doesn't really matter. There are fantastic golems in each. I'd pick whatever looks appealing.

But starting with Urugal and Zikia golems will give you the most options and flexibility to experiment with different armies of different factions. All three factions can utilize the Urugal and Zikia golems while the Durani and Gudanna golems are reserved for the factions named after their respective arcanum.

This will give you a chance to see all the factions in action before you declare allegiance to any one in particular. If and when you do decide to focus on a particular faction, your Urugal and Zikia golems will still be available for your armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with daskindt about picking up Urugal or Zikia, as they can be added in to either faction that comes in the starter or can play on their own.

For Urugal, I'd pick up Reapers of the Sands. The Bone Fiend gives the Urugal some much needed range options and the Corpse Collector is often a standard in many builds, regardless of faction.

For Zikia, I'd probably opt for the Khan's Pyre set. The Wildwood Dryad is an amazing piece when used properly and the Bramblehorn makes great filler for any force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.