Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a mistake. Although when comparing to how some other kickstarters have gone, I should not be too upset.

We tried to play it when it first came, and the rule book is a quake mire of tank traps, land mines, and alligators, with little chance of getting out of it alive. So we put it back on the shelf for a while. Since then I pulled it out twice more and have come to the point where this has lost all its luster.

Yes the FAQ helps, but seriously, what a freakin mess. I cant stand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a couple of issues wit the rules initially, but managed to play it and really enjoy it. Not every game is right for every gamer and vice versa. Hopefully you can sell or trade it for something you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Like yourself, the included rules made my head spin - but after I got all the rules straightened out and clarified, the gameplay itself is quite stellar though fiddly. That being said, with the amount of games out there without cumbersome rulebooks, I can understand not wanting to waste hours trying to figure out how these games work when they should in all reality have come ready to play in the box.

On the other hand, most of these games also tend to be on clearance and I find it worthwhile to pick up some games for dirt cheap and work out the rules myself (some of these include Alien Uprising, Lupin the III, Disaster Looms, Level 7, Fallen City of Karez, etc. all great games with horrible rulebooks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this as an event at Origins, and had it taught to us by the company reps. We enjoyed it so much we bought the game. It was a nail biter but we managed to get off that rock just as the aliens were starting to swarm in from the south side. Haven't read the rule book, but as I said, we were lucky enough to have it taught to us at Origins. There IS a tense, and exciting game in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekDadGamer wrote:
There IS a tense, and exciting game in there.

This. Get your head around it and it is so worth it. This will remain a hidden gem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it as well. Yes, the rulebook is not that great but I have read a lot rulebooks that were more terrible (Level 7: Escape or Marvel Heroes f.e.).

This game really rocks! Give it a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the comment above about the game being a bit fiddly. But beyond that, I consider it another excellent Richard Launius title. The tension is fantastic. Big thumbs up from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would enjoy it, but I do not think enough to warrant it in my collection. I love tough mentally exhausting games. I do not mind games with bad rule books. I love 4 games from Vlaada, I think the idea that I fronted money for this game, and the quality of the rule book is what it is; I have been turned off. I doubt that will be rekindled.

Right now, another friend has it and he is going to work through it. I will give more chances but atm still pissed off about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate how much table space it uses up, this is the primary reason I never bring it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the number of unused components is staggering, and the uselessness of the mini's makes me wonder why that was ever conceived of to begin with. All in all, I learnt allot with this KS and have not made similar mistakes since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
Well the number of unused components is staggering, and the uselessness of the mini's makes me wonder why that was ever conceived of to begin with. All in all, I learnt allot with this KS and have not made similar mistakes since.
It was a Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:

Yeah this was the only game I've bought where I got mini's and ended up only using the cardboard instead, that was a huge mistake on their part in not designing mini's that were actually compatible with the game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
Mabuchi wrote:

Yeah this was the only game I've bought where I got mini's and ended up only using the cardboard instead, that was a huge mistake on their part in not designing mini's that were actually compatible with the game play.
To do that they would have had to be micros, not minis. Then they would have out of scale with the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.