BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Recommendation: Murder games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sdasd sdasd
msg tools
Hello!

I need your help

Me and a couple of friends started playing boardgames recently and i was wondering if you guys know any board game where you have a secret identity and have a target to murder.

Like the game Bang! or the PC mod "The Ship" for half life where you have and everyone else has a target to murder but the other players are unnaware of whom will be murdering them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
qwsed wrote:
Hello!

I need your help

Me and a couple of friends started playing boardgames recently and i was wondering if you guys know any board game where you have a secret identity and have a target to murder.

Like the game Bang! or the PC mod "The Ship" for half life where you have and everyone else has a target to murder but the other players are unnaware of whom will be murdering them.

NOIR: Deductive Mystery Game does something like that.
With more than 2 players we had fun with the "spy tag" mode. You have to find who the other spies are and catch them. The caught spy discards his/her identity and draws a new one. The first player that catches say 3 spies, wins.
There are other, more complex, modes for more than 2, but I have not tried those yet.

NOTE: you should get the "black box edition", the older one is 2 players only, and has not enough cards. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take a look at Tragedy Looper.

It is a deduction game, 1 Master Mind against max. 3 Protagonists. Those 3 have to prevent a tragedy (most times a murder). Characters in play have a hidden role and occasionally incidents happen with tragic results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Tragedy Looper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Android is a loose detective tracking a murderer game but I don't think one player portrays a murderer.
Would traitor mechanics be a grey area murderer type of thing? Games like Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game or Shadows over Camelot have a traitor mechanic.
Or you could just go straight up Psycho Raiders and have a bloodbath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
10' to Kill is a game that has been crowdfunded just recently, though not yet shipped, and that is exactly about that: each player has a killer and three targets.
Once the game hits stores shelves (if it ever does), you should have a look, it looks pretty fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Lifeboat, you don't have to murder your secret target, but you get points if they die... and someone else in the lifeboat will get points if they live. We simply can't have that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.