7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for suggestions on printing dividers! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Phat
msg tools
Hi there,

I've been looking into printing dividers and I haven't been able to find more of the technical information such as what card stock to use? I've noticed a lot of mention of 110lb card stock but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Other people have mentioned other sizes.

Also, is there a recommended store for it? I read that Kinkos or Staples would be a good choice but there's sometimes issues with copyright on one of the dividers. Also, does anybody have an approximate estimate at cost? I've been browsing the websites and there isn't anything about cardstock persay..

Anyway, any information anyone has to make this process a little less daunting would be very appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use OfficeMax/Depot. I purchase my own back of 110# True Card Stock. It's 250 sheets for like $12.00 (4.8 cents a sheet). It's like 47 cents a page for printing full color sheets using your own paper. It's way more than 5 cents a page to use their paper.

Don't pay them to cut the sheets. It's cheaper than buying a cutter, but only if you never use the cutter ever again. Also, they say they will be up to an 1/16th inch off from the lines you wanted, but that's on the top sheet. They guy cut them once for free for me (I gave him a copy of the dividers file I printed) and although the top page looked good, by the time I got to the bottom page, the cuts were almost a 1/4 off (this was a order of almost 100 sheets of custom cards.) I had to reprint more than half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I am lucky enough I work in an office building with a heavy duty printer but I had to buy the card stock myself.

Card Stock: 110 lb - 250 pages (110lbs - I am not sure what it means either, it is just the type of card stock to use. It is pretty common) I saw at staples for $17 dollars. Sounds like Matt found a way better deal though.

Printing: I printed mine with the colored backing (but I am not paying to print per sheet)

Cutting: Cut them yourself and cut them maybe 1 or 2 pages at a time. Trust me on this. I had access to a paper cutter too but when I stacked them up to like 3 or 4 pages there was still a very good chance the bottom pages wouldn't be lined up perfect and would end up too short or worse, that one would twist while cutting trimming off way too much of the divider. I had to reprint a few dividers and recut them because they were too damaged.

I went into a Staples the other day into their print center and saw that they have a inexpensive paper cutter out for use if you don't want to buy one. They might say something if you are sitting there all day cutting but chances are they won't care too much.

Worse comes to worse, use scissors. Imperfections wont stand out as much as you might think.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds cheap, but look for stores going out of business or moving. Wait for sales. That kind of thing. Some stores give a free ream of cheapo paper if you recycle ink cartridges, talk to the manager and see if they might be able to work out a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine at walmart (see Georgia-Pacific White, 150 sheets at 110 weight) for $6. Threw it in my personal printer and cut them out with scissors. I had to glue two sheets together to get the thickness I wanted. Still have plenty of left over for other uses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:
Still have plenty of left over for other uses.

Me too. And that is when I found my way to the variant section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to toot my own horn, but... check it out! Custom Dividers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.