Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
1) The Saint's special ability Ambidextrious [sic] has the icon for special ability token but has no number indicating how many. We assumed it is suppsed to be ongoing and infinite. Were we correct?

2) Heidi DuPont's special ability Life & Death indicates that base creatures will not move towards or attack her in the tomb phase. Roger that.
It also says elite creature and boss creature immune. What does that second sentence mean?

3) If Heidi were to acquire the target effect, which takes precedence her ongoing special ability or the effect?

4) Free actions. Couldn't find elaboration on these. Can you trigger multiple times at once? For example: Iron O'Sullivan has granite chin: free action, remove a special ability token to cure 1 effect on yourself. If Iron had two effects, could he burn both uses at the same time?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These all are just my opinions:

1) Sounds right to me.

2) I would think "immune" means elite and boss creatures ignore Heidi's Life & Death ability. So her ability is only useful against base creatures.

3) I would think the target effect would take precedence. Once she rids herself of the effect, her special ability would kick back in.

4) Typically, free actions like this can be triggered as many times as you are able to pay for them. The reason they're called "free" actions is because they don't count against your available action tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
These all are just my opinions:

1) Sounds right to me.

2) I would think "immune" means elite and boss creatures ignore Heidi's Life & Death ability. So her ability is only useful against base creatures.

3) I would think the target effect would take precedence. Once she rids herself of the effect, her special ability would kick back in.

4) Typically, free actions like this can be triggered as many times as you are able to pay for them. The reason they're called "free" actions is because they don't count against your available action tokens.

Awesome Answers Matt Thank you!! All Correct!

1. Anytime you see the Special Ability with a Number, at setup you place that number of special ability tokens there on the character sheet then. If there's a GREEN Infinity symbol, then it will never run out!

2. When a Creature of any type (Boss Elite or what have you) are Immune to an effect, that means that they are not going to be effected by it) Many times you will see <Boss Creature> Immune to something, because it's meant for underlings and other creatures but not bosses.... that's because the effect is balanced for those creatures in a specific way

3. The Targeted Status 100% will take precedence over the special ability until it's gone. "Golden Rule" applies... cards and game effects, especially room tiles, will supercede rulebook rules as well as Character Abilities etc..

4. Free Actions, (even on some items like Healing Salve or Rum... they have the "Turn" symbol where you use one if it's Limited Uses and turn the card to show that. ), unless they say "Action: .... ... .... " they can be used during your turn as a free action anytime during that players turn. Exceptions are when you have a weapon or combat action that should only be used for or during Combat.

Thanks so much for your questions! Let us know if you have any other questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the responses Christopher and Matt:

I really enjoyed my first game and hope to do another run sometime soon. So these comments are not issues I have, merely observations for consideration for future print runs.

1) The Saint's Ambidextrous Special Ability:
- misspelled as Ambidextrious
- has a yellow circle with no number in it, it should have the green infinity symbol instead.

2) It may be superfluous to add "elite creature and boss creature immune" to an effect that only effects base creatures. I mainly mention this since there is so much information on the game components sometimes the font sizes are very tiny that any clean up of unnecessary info helps old geezers such as myself.

Congrats on a great . . . errrrrr
*epic* game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skavvy wrote:
Thanks for the responses Christopher and Matt:

I really enjoyed my first game and hope to do another run sometime soon. So these comments are not issues I have, merely observations for consideration for future print runs.

1) The Saint's Ambidextrous Special Ability:
- misspelled as Ambidextrious
- has a yellow circle with no number in it, it should have the green infinity symbol instead.

2) It may be superfluous to add "elite creature and boss creature immune" to an effect that only effects base creatures. I mainly mention this since there is so much information on the game components sometimes the font sizes are very tiny that any clean up of unnecessary info helps old geezers such as myself.

Congrats on a great . . . errrrrr
*epic* game!

Thanks very much sir! Can't wait to hear about more games in the future!

Thanks for the suggestions! They will definitely be taken into consideration!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.