Subject: Fan-made Mini-Expansion: Mystery Men rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam O'Reilly
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I posted this here instead of the main Legendary forum because I used the Artifact rules, which were added in this expansion. It also uses the Focus rules, but I couldn't remember which expansion added those.

Feel free to make your own copies, playtest, provide feedback etc. Being not an expert, it's possible I got some terminology wrong but I think it all makes sense. And if anyone with better graphics skills than me wants to mock up some cards, that would be wonderful.

Hero: Mystery Men
-2x Mr. Furious: Instinct hero, cost 3. 1+ Attack. +3 Attack against a villain with a bystander.
-2x The Shoveler: Strength hero, cost 4. 2 Attack, 0+ Recruit. If you defeat a villain or mastermind with the Shoveler, +1 Recruit.
-2x The Blue Rajah: Ranged hero, cost 2. 1 Attack. Instinct: Draw a card.
-Invisible Boy: Clever hero, cost 6. 3 Recruit. Focus 3 Recruit: Ignore the Fight effect(s) of a villain (not a mastermind) this turn.
-The Spleen: Ranged hero, cost 3. 0+ Attack. Ranged: +3 Attack. Clever: +3 Attack.
-The Bowler: Ranged hero, cost 6. 4 Attack.
-The Sphinx: Clever hero, cost 4. 1 Attack, 1 Recruit. Draw two cards, then discard a card.
-New Costumes: Tech artifact, cost 5. Once a turn, reduce the cost of a 2 or 3 cost hero in HQ to 1.
-Dr. Heller: Tech hero, cost 2. 0+ Attack. +3 Attack against a henchman.
-Carmine's Skull: Strength artifact, cost 5. Once a turn, either +2 Attack to a hero, or look at the top card of the Villain deck.
-Group Hug: Strength hero, cost 3. 2 Attack. If an effect would cause you to KO a hero this turn, you must KO Group Hug instead. Group Hug may be recruited from the KO pile at a cost of 5.

Mastermind: Casanova Frankenstein
-Always Leads: None. Instead, add an extra Henchmen group to the Villain deck.
-Master Strike: Put the card in HQ with the highest cost on the bottom of the Hero deck. All players gain a Wound.
-Defense 10.
-Tactic: Capture Captain Amazing. Fight: Resolve Casanova Frankenstein's Master Strike twice.
-Tactic: Throw a party. Fight: Reveal the top 3 cards of the Villain deck. Draw and resolve any Henchmen revealed.
-Tactic: Snatch hostages. Fight: Every villain in the city gains a bystander. Casanova Frankenstein gains two bystanders.
-Tactics: Psycho-Fraculator. Fight: KO your hero with the highest cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Focus Came from FF expansion I believe

Also, I am fan of Mystery Men, so if you don't mind I have a few notes:

- Typically each hero has their own set of 14 cards. You obviously put some thought into it, why not develop hero cards for each? This keeps the current format for the rest of the game and allows players to put together just a Mystery Men Hero deck

- MasterMind Always leads extra henchmen (or 2 extra henchmen). I absolutely see where you are going with this but as henchmen are usually pretty weak (I seem them as a way to ease up on heroes a bit), this will make it sort of easy. Maybe you could include special rules that make it tougher like "Special Rules: Draw 2 villain cards per turn" or "Henchmen get +1/// for every other henchmen in the city"

Also, feel free to post this into the main forum. That is where most of all the other variants are. Just because you are using Artifact (which I love BTW) doesn't mean it needs to go here.

Good Job with the design so far. Would love to see some card designs so I can print them and play them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OgremanSam wrote:
I posted this here instead of the main Legendary forum because I used the Artifact rules, which were added in this expansion. It also uses the Focus rules, but I couldn't remember which expansion added those.

More people would take notice if you post in the main Legendary Variants forum. Lots of custom-made heroes use Artifacts and Focus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam O'Reilly
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Good suggestions. I'm going to make some modifications and repost this in the main Legendary forum, then; look for a new thread there shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.