Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Mega Europe variant, are you supposed to use the Big City cards also or are they only for the Big City variant?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
For the Mega Europe variant, are you supposed to use the Big City cards also or are they only for the Big City variant?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

The rules specifically say to include the big city tickets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: Yes. The Mega-Europe variant uses all of the cards. I (and I believe most) tweak the rules slightly by dealing all players 2 blue long route cards and 5 regular tan cards at the same time. Each player must keep at least three cards, no more than one of which may be a blue long route card.

That being said, I don't usually play mega Europe and usually play the Europe Expanded variant with 4-5 players and Big Cities for 2-3. Europe Expanded just seems too imbalanced to me, but I might consider it for three players to add more competition for those big city spots.

A note of caution: When playing the Europe Expanded version (the version most like the original TtR: Eruope, Each player is dealt one of the 16 blue cards and three tan cards, as per the original rules, but note that the tan deck of regular route tickets will still have some tickets marked Big Cities. (These tickets were in the original base game as well, but just weren't marked Big Cities then.) The only Big Cities tickets that will not be included are those that are additionally marked with the 1912 ribbon logo in the top right hand corner of the card.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, could have sworn when I read my rulebook yesterday that it said to use the 19 new routes with the 1912 logo...but looking at the rules online, it's completely different. I must have misread it. Thanks for the help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.