Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been absolutely loving every minute of playing this game. I did have a question about sidebar icons on the cards. By looking through the example of play, we are sure that when the French Recruitment icon is present, Bourbon reserves are placed, even if the card is not played for the event. But what about damage / repair icons to the Barcelona wall? Is this automatic as well, or dependent on the card's event being played, much like casualties in Battle Cards? One card in particular that comes to mind was the character card, Prince of Darmstadt. Is the wall repaired automatically? or when his character power is activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All icons in the lower left corner are activated only if the card is played by the event.

Note that the French Recruitment icon is not placed in the lower left but just below the "Treaty" label. So it's technically not a "lower left corner icon". I know, it's hard to notice...

As most cards that destroy the Barcelona wall are mandatory events, the wall is always attacked. Repair icons are in 1-4 value cards, so they can be played by event or not, like Prince of Darmstadt. Only when the character power is activated the wall is repaired.

Also note that whenever you must destroy a wall segment, you can instead choose to eliminate an Aragon cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I definitely had missed the part about the Aragon cubes as substitute for wall damage. I was hoping you or Ivan would clarify these points for me, I have enjoyed both of your posts regarding this game very much.
Thanks
Neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Prat
Belgium
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the case of the Prince of Darmstad, as is a character card, all the text and icons of the card are implemented when the player decides to use the card.

And please note that a "repair" on the wall works exactly as the hits on the wall: the first card from the draw deck is revealed (and discarded) and the valour of the card is the quantity of wall segments to be replaced.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.