United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I think any business should have the right to turn these down and in fact are guaranteed that under our law, this is an even better approach...

If you are going to "force" us into this...then here are the terms...

http://chicksontheright.com/blog/item/30449-this-is-exactly-...

I like this a lot. No one can accuse you of bigotry. You up front let it be known your business is also a ministry and that any client that comes along and insists on being served, these will be the terms. Use it as a ministry opportunity and no one can accuse you of discrimination.

If they don't want to be ministered to, they can go to a business who won't. There are plenty of them.

I like it a lot.

Any other business that uses faith as part of their efforts, or any other point of conscience should be able to do the same thing. This is not just for Christians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of those won't fly in a court. #5 is perfectly acceptable though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't pass muster in court? On what grounds? It is the kind of business they offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have time at the moment to dig out the exact statue for you, about to head out. It falls under some part of discrimination though. To example more clearly:

'We as Trey's Dinner are a Christian organization. We feel that God has endowed the white man with superior faculties and that he should therefor be treated as naturally superior. As such while we will serve food to the blacks we reserve the right to the following:

1)We will spit in your food. We do not feel it is just for us to provide a Black man with excellent food prepared specifically for the white man's pallate'

2)We reserve the right to segregate you. We do not feel it is just that you disturb our other patrons with your coarseness.

3)We reserve the right to repeatedly remind you and any who happen to speak to you of your inferiority, and the debt of gratitude you owe the white man for civilization'

4)We will donate your tab to a proper re-colonization charity to further the cause of removing the black man from our shores.

'It's the service they provide!' doesn't quite ring so sweetly eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur this is great. The right approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I think it's great because it allows me to avoid their premises entirely. I wonder how long they'd last with that in the window. I really hope some business actually puts it up so we can find out whether the free market works. We all know they won't and this is more grandstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
I think it's great because it allows me to avoid their premises entirely. I wonder how long they'd last with that in the window. I really hope some business actually puts it up so we can find out whether the free market works. We all know they won't and this is more grandstanding.

Not really. Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are quite up front about theirs. They are doing fine.

It isn't more "grandstanding", Sue. Some people are serious about their convictions and want to (and should be able to) apply it to their business. According to our laws, they have that right.

I will go out of my way to send business to outfits like this.

Not everyone hates like you, Sue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

No, some people need a book to tell them how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
tstone wrote:

No, some people need a book to tell them how to do it.

Ah yes, the Christians=HATERZ bigotry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like it should just apply to all weddings across the board? But it only applies to marriages between homosexuals or whatever they deem an 'eccentric' marriage? I guess they would be throwing their business away no matter which it was though but more power to them.
If they keep it exclusive to marriage between homosexuals and 'eccentric marriages,' I don't see how they are suddenly not able to be called bigots though. Because that is exactly what they would be: disgusting fucking bigots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
if these christian businesses werent run by such fucking morons they would simply turn down gay wedding customers for contrived reasons that have nothing to do with homosexuality~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
It seems like it should just apply to all weddings across the board? But it only applies to marriages between homosexuals or whatever they deem an 'eccentric' marriage?

It would be according to their understanding of scripture. And as I said, this should not be limited to just Christian businesses, or even religions.

Quote:

I guess they would be throwing their business away no matter which it was though but more power to them.

Again, we have evidence this is not the case.

Quote:

If they keep it exclusive to marriage between homosexuals and 'eccentric marriages,' I don't see how they are suddenly not able to be called bigots though. Because that is exactly what they would be: disgusting fucking bigots.

No. Believing you are committing a sinful act is not "bigotry". Are there acts you believe a person can do/pursue that are "wrong"?

If you do, by your own definition, you are a bigot.

But that is a silly, self serving view of bigotry. And you really know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you are fine with them being shutdown by the market, since it seems you only object when they are allegedly shutdown by the state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
if these christian businesses werent run by such fucking morons they would simply turn down gay wedding customers for contrived reasons that have nothing to do with homosexuality~

No. This is called integrity and sticking up for what you actually believe in. To do it that way would undermine the stance they are taking.

You really have to be told this?

Yes, you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
As long as you are fine with them being shutdown by the market, since it seems you only object when they are allegedly shutdown by the state.

Let the market decide.

Oh, I know you will try to do some kind of mass boycott or whatever. And again, no, I'm not cool with those.

You have the right to do it, but I don't think they are right. Let the product stand or fall on its own merits and not your Twitter storm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
single sentences wrote:

No. This is called integrity and sticking up for what you actually believe in. To do it that way would undermine the stance they are taking.

Yes, you do.

It's called being a backwards-ass piece of shit. Edit: Though I guess you are correct that it is also called "sticking up for what you actually believe in," if you believe in being a backwards-ass piece of shit.
Christian Businees Owners who Hate Gays: Either treat your fellow man with respect and do your job or fuck off to somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:

It's called being a backwards-ass piece of shit.
Christian Businees Owners who Hate Gays: Either treat your fellow man with respect and do your job or fuck off to somewhere else.

No, it isn't. And again, these businesses cater to anyone. The cake place in Colorado has many gay customers, repeat clients, including those who raised the gay cake stink.

It does your little heart white hot fury-good to think of them as
"backwards-ass pieces of shit", being the "tolerant" soul you are.

But your definition of "respect" is revealed in your choice of words who see the world differently from you.

You can live your life as you wish. But you do not have the right to demand approval of every choice and act in your life.

Many won't approve.

Deal with it like an adult, and not a child throwing a fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
tstone wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Yes, you do.

getting lectured on integrity by tstone - classic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
tstone wrote:
single sentences wrote:

Yes, you do.

getting lectured on integrity by tstone - classic

I'll school you anytime, son. For free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

It's called being a backwards-ass piece of shit.

No, it isn't. And again, these businesses cater to anyone. The cake place in Colorado has many gay customers, repeat clients, including those who raised the gay cake stink.

It does your little heart white hot fury-good to think of them as
"backwards-ass pieces of shit", being the "tolerant" soul you are.

But your definition of "respect" is revealed in your choice of words who see the world differently from you.

You can live your life as you wish. But you do not have the right to demand approval of every choice and act in your life.

Many won't approve.

Deal with it like an adult, and not a child throwing a fit.

You know what an adult would do? Admit that they hate other people because of how they live their life instead of using a book other people find to be pretty important to them as a scapegoat. That would actually be "sticking up for what they believe in," rather than saying "B-b-b-b-but the bible says!!!"

"Who's the real 'tolerant' person around here, huh?"
"Oh, I see how much you 'respect' others."
"Hmmmm, maybe some of the people calling other people 'bigots' should look in the mirror...."
Shit like that is weak. Bring something new to the table.

EDIT: Guys, he got me. I hate to admit it, but I am a bigot. Maybe it was the way I was raised or maybe I was just born rotten to the core, but I find myself seeing homophobia, racism, sexism, and other horrible things in the world and I find that I just cannot tolerate them. I know, I know... I should be willing to entertain all view points under the sun and live and let live, but there is something about hatred that just makes me want to hate it.

/seriously though, if you are hoping that a tolerance paradox is going to shatter any world views, you'll have to try pretty hard to convince someone that not wanting to allow discrimination is worse than discrimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Don't have time at the moment to dig out the exact statue for you, about to head out. It falls under some part of discrimination though. To example more clearly:

'We as Trey's Dinner are a Christian organization. We feel that God has endowed the white man with superior faculties and that he should therefor be treated as naturally superior. As such while we will serve food to the blacks we reserve the right to the following:

1)We will spit in your food. We do not feel it is just for us to provide a Black man with excellent food prepared specifically for the white man's pallate'

2)We reserve the right to segregate you. We do not feel it is just that you disturb our other patrons with your coarseness.

3)We reserve the right to repeatedly remind you and any who happen to speak to you of your inferiority, and the debt of gratitude you owe the white man for civilization'

4)We will donate your tab to a proper re-colonization charity to further the cause of removing the black man from our shores.

'It's the service they provide!' doesn't quite ring so sweetly eh?

Actually in the states we are talking about, since they are treating customers differently by adding restriction and conditions based solely on the customers sexual orientation, this would be illegal. You get to proclaim your anti gay stance merely for the chance to proclaim your prejudice publicly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
tstone wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Let the market decide.

Oh, I know you will try to do some kind of mass boycott or whatever. And again, no, I'm not cool with those.

You have the right to do it, but I don't think they are right. Let the product stand or fall on its own merits and not your Twitter storm.

Do you find it more acceptable to use the same social tactics to promote a business? If so, why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'God Made me do it.'

Classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
tstone wrote:
she2 wrote:

Not really. Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby are quite up front about theirs. They are doing fine.

It isn't more "grandstanding", Sue. Some people are serious about their convictions and want to (and should be able to) apply it to their business. According to our laws, they have that right.

I will go out of my way to send business to outfits like this.

You're really using two decently large chain businesses as comparison to a small business putting up a sign like that? Sure, yeah, okay.

I love that you have labeled my refusal to patronize businesses whose religious beliefs are contrary to my personal beliefs as HATE. Isn't that exactly what you want same-sex couples to do? Just stop patronizing those businesses instead of suing them? You really must not be in favor of free association after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.