Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
...and ate at the only Taco Bell in Japan, which just opened a few months ago.

It was amazing. We went through the line and ordered way too much to eat at the restaurant. Then we went through the line again to order more to take back to Sendai with us.

Also...it is directly across from an adult toy store.

Oh and also while in Tokyo I went to the American embassy to get a form that Japan requires in order to get (re)married.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

There's something good in your post... Its a bit like 2 truths and a lie though... so I am still trying to figure out which is which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"...while you can 'drink' the water, but just don't 'eat' the 'ice'!" GO for the 'wyrm'! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishka Bear
United States
Reynoldsburg
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait...let me get this straight...you're in Japan, Tokyo even, and the place at which you decided to eat was Taco Bell? Twice?shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
MishkaBear wrote:
Wait...let me get this straight...you're in Japan, Tokyo even, and the place at which you decided to eat was Taco Bell? Twice?shake
Yes, the diarrhea was smaller, yet more efficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
MishkaBear wrote:

Right! What's up with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
MishkaBear wrote:

I live in Japan--not Tokyo, but Sendai. Until recently you couldn't get Taco Bell at all in this country. "Mexican" food is difficult to come by in general. I can eat Japanese food every day, so yes, I went to Taco Bell.

And I put Mexican in quotes, so please don't lecture me about it not being real Mexican food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishka Bear
United States
Reynoldsburg
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
MishkaBear wrote:

I live in Japan--not Tokyo, but Sendai. Until recently you couldn't get Taco Bell at all in this country. "Mexican" food is difficult to come by in general. I can eat Japanese food every day, so yes, I went to Taco Bell.

And I put Mexican in quotes, so please don't lecture me about it not being real Mexican food.

I'm just teasing you, dude; simmer down

Why are you living in Japan, if you don't mind me asking? I've always wanted to visit~

Are there really people who think Taco Bell serves authentic Mexican food?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Besides, the finace (Japanese) really wanted to go to Taco Bell too, and was the one that suggested we get more to go...

Who am I to argue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
MishkaBear wrote:

Why are you living in Japan, if you don't mind me asking? I've always wanted to visit~

I wasn't upset. Just teasing back.

Well, I work here. But that isn't what originally brought me here, read into the original post for that.

I think there really are people that would believe that I would believe that Taco Bell is Mexican food if I had just written Mexican food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishka Bear
United States
Reynoldsburg
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
MishkaBear wrote:

I wasn't upset. Just teasing back.

Well, I work here. But that isn't what originally brought me here, read into the original post for that.

I think there really are people that would believe that I would believe that Taco Bell is Mexican food if I had just written Mexican food.

lol okay, I wasn't sure

Do you mean the OP of this thread? The one about Taco Bell? And I should read into that post? Are you trying to tell me that you moved to Japan for the adult toy store across the street from the only Taco Bell in the country? Surely there was one closer to home?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Koldfoot wrote:
I feel your pain and your pleasure.

The nearest Dairy Queen is 300 miles away.

cry

Now I want a Snickers Blizzard. And a Butterfinger one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Homatidis
England
flag msg tools
badge
KSensei wrote:

Oh and also while in Tokyo I went to the American embassy to get a form that Japan requires in order to get (re)married.

Congratulations to both you and Yoko for getting engaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genki Sushi is a good place to eat near there. A meal and entertainment....if you consider little automated carts bringing your food right to your table entertainment (like I do). Forget the critics who say it's low-grade sushi. It's decent fish for a very good price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
I feel your pain and your pleasure.

The nearest Dairy Queen is 300 miles away.

cry

Koldie, tell me the truth - have you ever driven the 300 miles just to get a Blizzard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
...and ate at the only Taco Bell in Japan...Oh and also while in Tokyo I went to the American embassy to get a form that Japan requires in order to get (re)married.

From Taco Bells to wedding bells. Congrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
getdafunkout wrote:
KSensei wrote:
...and ate at the only Taco Bell in Japan...Oh and also while in Tokyo I went to the American embassy to get a form that Japan requires in order to get (re)married.

From Taco Bells to wedding bells. Congrats.

Whoa. Ohisashibur!

I also forgot to mention we stopped by Sugorokuya and bought a couple games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Growing up on the west coast most teenagers experience the Jack-in-the-box tacos. When I was a teen they were 25 cents each and trust me when I say this but better than you would expect for a taco that costs a quarter even in the early 1980s. Remember, when you are a teenager it doesn't matter that it's a not a gourmet taco. You just need something to fill you up for what little change you have in your mostly empty pockets. So these tacos were something every teen of my era experienced at least once. Even in my early 20s when money was tight I would enjoy the cheap tacos and have very fond memories of a girlfriend who together we would when money was tight get a bag full of tacos and that would be our meals for the weekend.

The result was I always had a sentimental love of Jack-in-the-Box. Then when I got married my wife and I got to enjoy their Sourdough Jacks. Moving to Kansas City there were no Jack-in-the-Box locations. There were 3 however in St Louis and every year we went on an annual convention that took us through St Louis. We would enjoy what we called our annual Jack-in-the-Box run at one of the places that was just off the freeway ordering always Sourdough Jacks.

Two years ago they finally opened up 3 Jack-in-the-Box locations here in Kansas City. I went to one first day and picked up Sourdough Jacks for my wife and myself...plus 2 tacos now costing $1. I actually once bought a bag of the tacos and took them to a game night just so my friends could experience the legendary Jack-in-the-Box cheap taco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

Hiding the most important stuff as a kind of postscript...
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if there are any unusual Japanese/Mexican fusion items on the menu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
MishkaBear wrote:

True, that. I was in Tokyo for 3 weeks on business a number of years ago, and a friend who worked at our Tokyo branch was excited to take me out to a California-style Mexican place he'd found in Chiba City... run by a Californian, who had to import dang near everything on a small scale himself (=$$$).

So, after an hour on the train, we had an ok expensive burrito and some super-expensive margaritas. Not that great by my long-time New Mexican standards, but when it is all you can get, you pay your $40+ for a burrito and margaritas once in awhile to scratch the itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
There was once a Taco Bell in Kariya. Pilgrimages were made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot, I have about 100 different taco joints within a 3 miles radius of my house, and I still get some Taco Bell now and again. I ain't judging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There used to be a Pepe Gonzalez in Sendai and Trip Advisor has a review from '13. I never ate there but the one in Morioka was excellent and was a little hole in the wall type place with only 3 tables (they may have been unrelated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
I'm curious if there are any unusual Japanese/Mexican fusion items on the menu?

They have an Avocado Shrimp Burrito. That is the closest I think. And instead of nachos they have fries with all the nacho toppings on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.