Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Bullfrogs» Forums » Rules

Subject: Frog deployment limit and dominating a lily pond with no enemy frogs on it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Worm Angel
msg tools
Hi people

I was a bit confused about this part of the rules:

Quote:
A player may never deploy more than 2 Frogs or Bullfrogs (in any combination) to a single card during a turn.

That rule specifically says 'during a turn', so does that means I can deploy more frogs to that same lily pad during my next turn?

For example, it's my turn now and I deploy 2 frogs to a lily pad. Then during my next turn, I deploy 2 more frogs there.

Is this possible?

If so, what happens if I completely dominate a single card with my frogs?

Let's say I have the red flogs and for some reason no other player deployed frogs on that specific lily pad, and by using two turns I was able to compeltely fill that pad with red frogs. Scoring will take place and I'm obviously the winner for that pad, so I'll jump my frogs and win the card to myself, is that it?

Thanks! This is a very strategic yet simple game! Really loving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible to deploy more than 2 frogs to a lily pad over multiple turns like you suggest.

You describe how it's played correctly.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm Angel
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply!

Really loved that game, never heard of it before and bought it today totally randomly (the box cover is so fun and the frog war concept as well). I'm very happy I did! Congrats on writing it, looking forward for your next game.

Cheers from Brazil!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha! Well, thanks for checking it out. I don't remember if the Funbox edition includes the sort of "mega" example I added to the end of the English edition. Check out the last couple pages of this version. It may prove to be helpful.

http://www.thunderworksgames.com/uploads/1/1/6/3/11638029/ru...

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.