Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fountain says

Quote:
Before a Clerk task, you may reveal Monk cards from hand. Each one counts as a Clerk helper during the task.

The rule book says that these extra helpers can be covered (p20). Does they also contribute to the number of Paper works needed to cover any helpers? For example, suppose I have 2 Clerk helpers and 2 Paper works in the Gallery that cover them, so I would get 4 extra actions (5 total) when performing a Clerk task. If I have Fountain and I reveal a Monk card, would I get another extra action (i.e., 6 total), or would that mean that since I now have 3 Clerk helpers, none of them are covered, and so I would get only 3 extra actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. They're helpers for all intents + purposes. So you might not want to reveal all of them if you can't cover them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Yup. They're helpers for all intents + purposes. So you might not want to reveal all of them if you can't cover them.

Very interesting rule, but the Rules Lawyers are gonna have a feast with this one. A tad fiddly perhaps? What a dumb thing for me to write about a game that is all about bending rules to your advantage! LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

Very interesting rule, but the Rules Lawyers are gonna have a feast with this one. A tad fiddly perhaps? What a dumb thing for me to write about a game that is all about bending rules to your advantage! LOL.

I crafted a little puzzle based on this ruling. Looks like the following person had read this thread:
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.