James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://beziergames.com/collections/one-night-ultimate-werewo...

I was pretty excited that custom sleeves were going to be available after the kickstarter, but then I saw the price. 20 dollars, plus shipping, for 50 sleeves? Really?

This is especially annoying given the widespread problems with Daybreak card backs not matching the color of the card backs in the original game. IMO, Bezier should be offering these for free to anyone who got non matching backs, and definitely not be overpricing them so severely.

I'm a huge fan of Ted's designs, and have been happy to meet him at some cons, but this move disappoints me. Here's hoping the pricing is just a mistake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that the high price is to make sure he doesn't make a loss. Custom sleeves can't be cheap to make and the setup costs will mean you need to make a lot before you recoup the fixed costs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Mucklow
United Kingdom
Swindon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, not sure that argument really applies with the kickstarter states they don't need the funding to produce the game. Doesn't seem that set-up costs are an issue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is free in the US on all orders from beziergames.com, and custom-printing high quality sleeves is very expensive. These aren't penny sleeves, they are thicker plastic sleeves that are very durable. We've used our initial test sample sleeves for hundreds of games with only one failure, likely due to the constant removing of old cards and re-insertion of new cards throughout the playtest cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't afford to spend $20? I would be massively depressed if that was considered out of my price range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
way to be presumptuous about other people's financial standing....

And I agree. 20 bucks for sleeves for a 15 dollar game......

FYI: they fit in the FFG green pack sleeves. Just need to trim some extra material off the top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hernandez
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's double the usual amount for custom sleeves. I'm assuming it's a combination of its sleeve size and lower than usual print run quantity. Would love to have gotten a set but for now I'll stick with the Fantasy Flight green sleeves I have. Not a perfect size but they do protect the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, when the sleeves literally cost more than the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
20 bucks for sleeves for a 15 dollar game......

And now you're in the price range of Hive or Hanabi Deluxe Edition - you know, solid Bakelite tiles that don't lose their finish the moment you look at them wrong.

"Hey guys, here's this hidden role game with tiles that mark really easily, defeating the purpose of a hidden role game - don't worry, though, you can buy this custom play mat and these custom sleeves at exorbitant prices..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight makes a cheaper sleeve for you guys. Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Sleeves-Standard-American-Board/...

They fit the cards well except they are a little bit longer than the cards. If you guys are willing the save up and buy some scissors too than that might be a better option for you. You could probably save over $10, which is pretty sweet. Or maybe just ask for them for A Xmas/birthday present if money is too tight at the moment.

Good luck and hopefully things get better for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychotron7x2 wrote:

Good luck and hopefully things get better for you.

Really? This is the condescending crap you are going to throw out?

Just because someone thinks something is ridiculous priced doesn't mean they can't afford it.

Also, the fantasy flight sleeves don't help at all in mitigating the poor color matching between print runs of the original game and the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The opaque Mayday sleeves do though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
The opaque Mayday sleeves do though.

They are OK, a bit loose. That's what I am using now, and they tend to make more noise because they can crinkle up when people grab the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is literally no solution for you other than "Give us free sleeves, Ted! You owe us!"

The sleeves cost what they cost. It is a custom made item for one particular game. They can't print a million of them and sell them for dirt cheap. If $20 is the cheapest they can sell it for then that is best they can do without losing money on it. Just deal with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Shipping is free in the US on all orders from beziergames.com, and custom-printing high quality sleeves is very expensive. These aren't penny sleeves, they are thicker plastic sleeves that are very durable. We've used our initial test sample sleeves for hundreds of games with only one failure, likely due to the constant removing of old cards and re-insertion of new cards throughout the playtest cycle.

Myth had custom art sleeves that are super nice from the first Kickstarter (free stretch goal) In the new Kickstarter they are $5 for 50 sleeves in full color custom art. FFG full art sleeves are MSRP of $5 for 50. Legion full art sleeves are $5 for 50. UltraPro full are sleeves are $6 for 50...etc...

$20 is a joke for 50 sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dye
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthage wrote:
toulouse wrote:

Myth had custom art sleeves that are super nice from the first Kickstarter (free stretch goal) In the new Kickstarter they are $5 for 50 sleeves in full color custom art. FFG full art sleeves are MSRP of $5 for 50. Legion full art sleeves are $5 for 50. UltraPro full are sleeves are $6 for 50...etc...

Then don't buy them. Sheesh.

Bezier doesn't have to provide you with anything. They are offering these, but do not want to lose money on them. If it's worth it to you, buy them. If it's not, get the mass produced ones that work for other games as well, or just deal with it.

No one owes you anything, so stop prancing around like they should.

For the record, I agree that they are more than I would want to pay for them, so I'm not going to buy them. But glad to see they are offering something, for those that play it enough that it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkozone wrote:

That's all well and good, except when you have widespread production issues that make an expansion incompatible with the base game, and then when the best "fix" for those production issues costs MORE than the expansion costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkozone wrote:
Carthage wrote:
toulouse wrote:

Then don't buy them. Sheesh.

Bezier doesn't have to provide you with anything. They are offering these, but do not want to lose money on them. If it's worth it to you, buy them. If it's not, get the mass produced ones that work for other games as well, or just deal with it.

For the record, I agree that they are more than I would want to pay for them, so I'm not going to buy them. But glad to see they are offering something, for those that play it enough that it is worth it.

Why so defensive? I don't feel like Bezier owes me anything. I'm also not prancing either.

I'm just simply pointing out that many companies, even small ones have managed to sell full art sleeves at a reasonable rate. Their justification is ridiculous.

I won't be buying them because of the price, it will be because I think they are taking advantage of their customer base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Scheuber
United States
North Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is in the mail and I had a thought about the sleeves. Has anyone tried mini baggies? Had some small sleeves and it seemed like it could work. Picking them up would be easy since you can grab it by the zip part. Not sure about the noise.

Found baggies 2.5 x 3

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be buying the sleeves. I don't have money to throw around, but the game seems like it'll be a great time, and considering I saw a fingernail mark into the tile in front of me just a couple games in, I know I'm going to need these.

Honestly, I'd rather the game just came with the sleeves. Call it a deluxe edition and include the mat, at twice the price. I'd be down for it. I love my components to be of the highest possible quality, particularly when it's important to the game mechanics, but I loathe having to pimp out my game with things that may as well have just been included from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.