Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: The Project has been closed since Road to Legend surpassed it.

Hi everybody,

I recently started to create my own custom coop adventure for Descent. I finally finished all the components, and now it´s time for some balancing.

If you enjoy playing coop adventures, you can look forward to 3 new adventures with 40 encounter cards, which are playable in succession. A save sheet allows you to pause after finishing each adventure and finish the game at a later point.

That´s where you come into play

I´d like to get some feedback about:
- Card Layout & Descriptions
- Encounter Guide Layout & Descriptions
- Rule simplicity
- And most important: Balancing

At the moment, only a first draft of the first adventure is available in english, but as soon as I finalized the balancing I will translate all 3 adventures. The draft is not that great, but you can take a first glance at what is coming.

While I finished most of the german cards, there will be some minor changes to them in the near future.

To play the adventures will need the "Descent 2nd Edition" Boardgame, as well as the "Manor of Ravens", "Crusade of the Forgotten", "Crown of Destiny" and "Guardians of Deephall" Expansions(or alternatively the conversion kit).

So, if you are interested in playtesting(and don´t mind the beta state of the translation), just answer to this thread or drop me a pm, and I will provide you with the download link to the cards and encounter guide.

After the project is finished and balanced, it will be posted at Boardgamegeek. Every tester will be credited in the encounter guide.

Here are some sample pictures to get a visual impression of the components:

Peril Cards:

Activation Cards:

Exploration Cards:

Skarn Ability Cards:

Encounter Guide:

Save Sheet:

Edit: Finally finished all of the german components, added lots of pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Custom Coop Adventure: Das Vermächtnis von Ysindrus [Looking for Testers / Betatester gesucht]
Looks great!

If/when English translation occurs, I would love to help as a proof reader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Coop Adventure: Das Vermächtnis von Ysindrus [Looking for Testers / Betatester gesucht]
Soldier wrote:
If/when English translation occurs, I would love to help as a proof reader.

Thanks, that would be very nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob
msg tools
This looks excellent. I'm looking forward to the final product when it's been translated to English.

Excellent job!

-Cursain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
same here !

I tried to learn german long ago, but ... I couldn't :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. English? Off I go then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Some good news: The first part of my adventure seems to be playable, and I´m currently in the process of translating the cards and rules.

I hope to have them up by the end of this week, but it´s still work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sehr stark!! Auch mal schön was in deutsch zu lesen weiter so! Werd mir den Spaß demnächst mal anschauen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally finished translating the cards and the rules into english.

So, if you don´t mind a few spelling errors as well as some bad wording (which will both be fixed in future versions), you are invited to test the english version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tangyi Chang
China
Chengdu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Coop Adventure: Das Vermächtnis von Ysindrus / The legacy of Ithyndrus [Looking for Testers / Betatester gesucht]
Great News! I‘m in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Coop Adventure: Das Vermächtnis von Ysindrus / The legacy of Ithyndrus [Looking for Testers / Betatester gesucht]
Thanks for your interest, I sent you the link via pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toriano toriano
msg tools
I Would like to give it a chance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bryan
msg tools
I would love to play test The legacy of Ithyndrus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the continued interest. PMs with links are out.

I hope to finish the second adventure before the end of the month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally finished the german version of the second adventure. Testers of the german version can use their links to access the new files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan K
msg tools
Thank you very much, looking forward to play the first 2 adventures when my group meets again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan S
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

if it is still possible, I would also like to test your Campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
At last I finished the german components of the expansion. It´s still in beta, but the expansion is completely playable.

I´m still looking for testers, and any kind of feedback is very welcome. Please note, that the english version is slightly outdated, but still playable. I will start translating all components after the german version is finalized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Reney
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work, DelphiDie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Redjak. I surely wouldn´t have done it, if it wasn´t for RAOV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to keep you updated:

Unfortunately the beta test of the german version isn´t really working out. I found a few interested testers, but I have not yet received any feedback at all.

Also, I guess the upcoming app will do what I had envisioned, but in a better way. So I´m currently unsure, if there is even enough interest for an english translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwarz
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... that looks nice!
I can't promise anything, but if I'm able (time-wise) I would like to help playtesting this one too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Coop Adventure: Das Vermächtnis von Ysindrus / The legacy of Ithyndrus
Today I once again stumbled upon this old project of mine. Since Road to Legend made it obsolete, I´m putting it to rest now.

But in case anyone is interested in the final german version, which I had already completed, I will make it available for download. Unfortunately the file is too large for the files section (about 52 MB), so you have to get it from over here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tp22wmdow7dsym/Das%20Verm%C3%A4ch...

Many thanks to everybody who applied for testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.