Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry to bring up politics again. Because I know all anyone here wants to ever discuss are LGBT issues and the permanent trauma that would be inflicted on airline passengers travelling through Denver if they had to even see a chicken sandwich shop owned by those horrible Christians.

So anyway, not even 2 months ago I listened to excerpts from Jesus Obama extolling the virtues and magnificence of being Jesus Obama. It was on a popular podcast and to be honest, I couldn't stomach Obama's sneering holier-than-thou tone of voice so I abandoned the podcast and later read parts of the transcript.

Man, that guy is a total fucking narcissist. It's hard to imagine any human being who has ever lived has used the word "I" as many times as Obama. It's seriously amazing and I recommend you get the transcript .pdf of the June podcast from Marc Maron. Or, if you're into self-abuse, download it and listen.

But what I remember the most was how he extolled the virtues of his policies and how he claimed he saved 401K's by single-handedly causing the stock market to soar. And he also saved colleges, housing prices, all future health problems, ever, the planet's air quality, high schools, Lyme disease, GMO foods, the plague of gluten and Gawd knows what else. I say "Gawd" seriously, because this is Jesus O here.

Rather than get into the thin veneer of economic health and jobs recovery, because we all know better, everyone lies about stats, I just found this morning's headline interesting. because if Jesus O feels he owned, totally owned, the recovery and the bull market and that it was solely (his message, not mine) due to him - then doesn't he own the ongoing collapse?

Dow drops 1000 in minutes

That's the question I have for RSP, especially the supporters/defenders of Obama - he claimed the ascension was due to him, do you believe, with that in mind, that the current collapse is due to him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Sorry to bring up politics again. Because I know all anyone here wants to ever discuss are LGBT issues and the permanent trauma that would be inflicted on airline passengers travelling through Denver if they had to even see a chicken sandwich shop owned by those horrible Christians.

So anyway, not even 2 months ago I listened to excerpts from Jesus Obama extolling the virtues and magnificence of being Jesus Obama. It was on a popular podcast and to be honest, I couldn't stomach Obama's sneering holier-than-thou tone of voice so I abandoned the podcast and later read parts of the transcript.

Man, that guy is a total fucking narcissist. It's hard to imagine any human being who has ever lived has used the word "I" as many times as Obama. It's seriously amazing and I recommend you get the transcript .pdf of the June podcast from Marc Maron. Or, if you're into self-abuse, download it and listen.

But what I remember the most was how he extolled the virtues of his policies and how he claimed he saved 401K's by single-handedly causing the stock market to soar. And he also saved colleges, housing prices, all future health problems, ever, the planet's air quality, high schools, Lyme disease, GMO foods, the plague of gluten and Gawd knows what else. I say "Gawd" seriously, because this is Jesus O here.

Rather than get into the thin veneer of economic health and jobs recovery, because we all know better, everyone lies about stats, I just found this morning's headline interesting. because if Jesus O feels he owned, totally owned, the recovery and the bull market and that it was solely (his message, not mine) due to him - then doesn't he own the ongoing collapse?

That's the question I have for RSP, especially the supporters/defenders of Obama - he claimed the ascension was due to him, do you believe, with that in mind, that the current collapse is due to him?

A good deal of the current hiccup is coming out of China. A market correction has been a long time coming as well. Why does Obama even need to be a part of the discussion other than you hate him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I" imagine that even though we are in the seventh year here, that when good things happen, it is because of Obamas magic somethingerother.
Anything bad will still be placed on Bush as a, we didn't know how bad it really was, or it was so bad not even Obama could fix it in his terms, so you need to elect another democrat to get it completely fixed, thereby absolving Obama of any real responsibility.
And that is the real goal here right? To avoid calling the first black president a failure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp, was that Maron's show, when he was doing his "bucket" list?

That was an "I LOVE ME!!" bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

A good deal of the current hiccup is coming out of China. A market correction has been a long time coming as well. Why does Obama even need to be a part of the discussion other than you hate him?

Read the fucking transcript or go home. My disgust and loathing of Obama isn;t what forced him to claim he single-handedly caused the market to soar. he did that.

Simple question - he claimed he caused the market to increase and that he "saved 401K's". That's indisputable.

So is the collapse his fault as well? Should he now step forward and admit that while he did save 401K's, he sadly also is responsible for the market losing 6% of it's value in less than 5 minutes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would he admit that when the current events in the world economy seem to be precipitated by events in the Chinese economy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bush. Or Bibi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:
Bush. Or Bibi.

Okay, this is true. It's either Republicans' fault, or it's the Jews again. He does tend to flip between these two.

Jews and Christians. The allowed bigotry for the ideological Left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
Why would he admit that when the current events in the world economy seem to be precipitated by events in the Chinese economy?

Okay, I'll slow down for you. First, the exact question I asked:

Quote:

You'll note, I asked specifically if the Obama supporters and defenders in RSP feel that since their hero indisputably claimed the increase in the market and rescue of 401K's was his doing, his... do you now feel he is responsible for the collapse?

The only two responses I have are about China. Which is flak to confuse the target acquisition equipment. O claimed he did it, now it's broke, did he also do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Read the fucking transcript or go home. My disgust and loathing of Obama isn;t what forced him to claim he single-handedly caused the market to soar. he did that.

Simple question - he claimed he caused the market to increase and that he "saved 401K's". That's indisputable.

So is the collapse his fault as well? Should he now step forward and admit that while he did save 401K's, he sadly also is responsible for the market losing 6% of it's value in less than 5 minutes?

I don't think he personally manipulates the market. I don't think you do either. So, this can't be about the markets. The only thing your OP has left then is OBAMA SUCKS! which is just boring from you at this point.

/Thread for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Quote:

You'll note, I asked specifically if the Obama supporters and defenders in RSP feel that since their hero indisputably claimed the increase in the market and rescue of 401K's was his doing, his... do you now feel he is responsible for the collapse?

The only two responses I have are about China. Which is flak to confuse the target acquisition equipment. O claimed he did it, now it's broke, did he also do that?

Then, no, it does not appear he did that. Chinese economic policy appears to be responsible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

No. I have never thought that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doc Mage wrote:

Quote:

Then, no, it does not appear he did that. Chinese economic policy appears to be responsible.

Fair enough. Personally I think the Chinese excuse is what the spinmeisters are saying in until they figure out how to preserve the capital of their overlords.

But you don't hold Obama accountable.

Do you believe the market, up until last week, was winning because of him? He does and I wondered if those who support him agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure lets blame Obama. But since the DJI is still up almost 10k since 2009, I think we'll be congratulating him instead. It's going to have to sink quit a bit before blame is the right thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sure lets blame Obama. But since the DJI is still up almost 10k since 2009, I think we'll be congratulating him instead. It's going to have to sink quit a bit before blame is the right thing.

Do you like that he did it by Quantitative Easement?
Giving money to the rich people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

No. I have never thought that.

We agree on that count.

But you're an Obama supporter and he specifically claimed that he and he alone rescued America's economy and saved us from ourselves. Since you support him but don't believe him and his claims, how do you reconcile that internally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
But you're an Obama supporter and he specifically claimed that he and he alone rescued America's economy and saved us from ourselves.

Citation needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Because Obama is not tough enough on China.

They devalue their currency (again), Obamas response: Ahh well, Hillary's problem now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:

You mean the Job Creators???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:

You mean the Job Creators???

/facepalm, what was I thinking asking you anything....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Clarification -

My view is that the market isn't collapsing. It's moving, up and down. It did that before Obama was born and will do that after he's long dead. So to me the moronic claims he made are more demonstrations of his narcissistic personalty disorder than anything else.

The guy is beyond the pale when it comes to self-delusions about his worth.

I also don't blame Bush for the economy not doing well at the end of his terms. There are other people in America and the world you know. The complexity is way too dense and indecipherable for anyone to ever claim some sort of dominance over the world/American economy and you don't have to have an MBA to understand that.

So yes, Obama is a fool and a petty narcissist. What is curious to me is how people who have been slavishly supporting everything about him for years now deal with the clear dissonance between what he claims he has done versus the actual world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to the claims so we can evaluate them without your hyperbole filter engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

We agree on that count.

But you're an Obama supporter and he specifically claimed that he and he alone rescued America's economy and saved us from ourselves. Since you support him but don't believe him and his claims, how do you reconcile that internally.

Stock Market forces are complex and mysterious. Who can claim or not claim the things they implemented affected the outcome of stock prices from one day to the next. It's all perception anyway. Maybe by him just saying the words "The Market is Strong" affected the market.

I cannot reconcile the stock market in any form, so why would I need to reconcile what Obama says about it? It's all magic anyway.I worked at a company that would have a Stellar year, and prices would go down cause people would say it can't be sustained, or have a shitty year and the prices would go up because they would say it's time for a rebound.

The Stock Market is a stupid place where things run on good and bad feelings. It'll drop 1000 points today cause people are scared, and rise 1000 points tomorrow because the sky is a different shade of blue.

Plus, I am not a conservative, I don't over-analyze every word said out of his mouth looking for gotcha's. I take an overall view of the state of things. Which overall, I'm positive with. I don't have to agree with every thing he says to be satisfied with his overall progress.

Tripp, I really don't think his last 7 years has put this country on a bad note. Thing are pretty stable. You can disagree, but that is like, your opinion man. Stop trying to vilify him in my mind with every little blip on the radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/01/politics/obama-proud-of-saving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-serving_bias

Quote:
A self-serving bias is any cognitive or perceptual process that is distorted by the need to maintain and enhance self-esteem, or the tendency to perceive oneself in an overly favorable manner.[1] It is the belief that individuals tend to ascribe success to their own abilities and efforts, but ascribe failure to external factors.[2] When individuals reject the validity of negative feedback, focus on their strengths and achievements but overlook their faults and failures, or take more responsibility for their group's work than they give to other members, they are protecting the ego from threat and injury. These cognitive and perceptual tendencies perpetuate illusions and error, but they also serve the self's need for esteem.[3] For example, a student who attributes earning a good grade on an exam to their own intelligence and preparation but attributes earning a poor grade to the teacher's poor teaching ability or unfair test questions is exhibiting the self-serving bias. Studies have shown that similar attributions are made in various situations, such as the workplace,[4] interpersonal relationships,[5] sports,[6] and consumer decisions.[7]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.