Ra» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Our first play - A group of 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
flag msg tools
We played our first game of Ra tonight. Since there's no specified way to decide who gets what suns, we played group Rock, Scissors, Paper to decide The game started out fine, everybody bid, we were all afraid to get our high suns out there, so the bidding stayed pretty low. Very quickly we realized how much it sucks to be the first bidder, so we started activating Ra ourselves. The second round was interesting is that I was the last one with any suns (just one) so I filled up the auction track before bidding it. Luckily, we were still about 4 short on the Ra track. In the final round another player tried the same thing (two suns left) but got stuck with one sun because the Ra track filled up. I won by a narrow margin with a good mix of everything. My wife was three points behind with about a billion monuments and nothing else (lost because she ended up with the lowest sun value) and the other girl in our group lost by 5 points but had never picked up a single civilization throughout the entire game. So, we can definitely polish our gameplay a bit, but overall we had fun!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.