Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lose courage clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
The rules state that in the lose courage phase of combat.
"After a creature causes an adventurer to lose courage, that creature cannot cause the same adventurer to lose courage again."
What is the intent regarding length?
1) that particlar phase, so if the battle continues next turn it triggers again
2) that particular battle, so the creature would not tigger it again on that adventurer, but if the adventurer faced a another creature of the same type later in the game it would trigger again.
3) the entire game, which would mean we need to track which creatures a particular adventurer has faced.

I assume it is number 2, but hoping to verify.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think #2 is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skavvy wrote:
The rules state that in the lose courage phase of combat.
"After a creature causes an adventurer to lose courage, that creature cannot cause the same adventurer to lose courage again."
What is the intent regarding length?
1) that particlar phase, so if the battle continues next turn it triggers again
2) that particular battle, so the creature would not tigger it again on that adventurer, but if the adventurer faced a another creature of the same type later in the game it would trigger again.
3) the entire game, which would mean we need to track which creatures a particular adventurer has faced.

I assume it is number 2, but hoping to verify.


The Rule is specific with a small memory component (which no players have ever had trouble with)

All you have to do is lose courage once ever per specific Creature Card. (Not creature name or creature type) Each Individual card you only lose courage from it once ever.

If you face the same card again later or combat it multiple times in a row, you're good.

If the creature combats YOU on the Tomb Phase, you're good no more Courage loss.

If a new creature card with the same name walks in and Combats you, you must lose courage for that creature specifically.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Wright
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Chris.
Very helpful clarification!

Thanks for your work on this wonderful game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skavvy wrote:
Thanks Chris.
Very helpful clarification!

Thanks for your work on this wonderful game.


Thanks Craig!

We really hope you enjoy!

Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! I was right. It's good to be right once in a while.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
YES! I was right. It's good to be right once in a while.


You're a huge help here! I really appreciate that you're taking such a great and helpful guiding role to new fans and gamers in the Tomb! We really appreciate your activity and opinions! Please keep on sharing and helping your fellow Adventurers in need! We're all a part of the Eternal Order of Perseus so we have to stick together!

-Chris
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be easy to lose track of this, I think. Especially if there are multiple creatures of the same type and especially if they end up in the same room.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are not many copies of each individual creature in the game. There are many unique and maybe just 2 of... There are only a few creatures that are more than 2 and usually that's because of a scenario specific creature.

This won't happen often that you'll have multiples of the same creature in your room. If you have trouble remembering, you can use a spare quest token or soul shard to track the creature that you've already lost courage from.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't had a single problem remembering which mobs I have lost courage to already. The only time i have had more then two of the same one on the board at a time is during a scenario event.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
metal134 wrote:
It would be easy to lose track of this, I think. Especially if there are multiple creatures of the same type and especially if they end up in the same room.

In theory, maybe. In practice over 8 game sessions, we've never had this problem.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.