Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finally got my copy of Twin Shadows from CSI this weekend: YAY!

I wanted to post a spoiler-free heads-up to people playing the "Shady Dealings" mission on page 12-13 of the Twin Shadows Rulebook.

Specifically, it's good to call out the mission briefing bullet:

- Heroes cannot interact with a terminal or informant if there is a figure from a patrol within 4 spaces of that terminal or informant.

I added the bold myself because that part is particularly important. We glossed over that detail and didn't realize it until nearly the end of the mission so we decided to replay it. Of course you should also remember that it says patrol groups cannot be reinforced or redeployed so, once the patrol groups are gone, the rebels should be able to just interact & test to complete the mission objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian el dodo
msg tools
mb
Hello, I dindn't understand how to create the patrol themselves.
I play twin shadows as a quick campain (only 4 missions)
This mission is the second one.
The menace level is 4.

If I understand correctly I have to choose two deployment cards with a total menace inferior to the actual menace => with 4 I can only have two patrol of one officer.

I think I misunderstood something but it's hard to find what

Could you help me ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each patrol is any number of deployment cards with total cost of twice the threat level or less.

With threat level 4 you would have 8 threat for each patrol, depending on what you have available, for example
a) Heavy Stormtrooper (8)
b) Stormtrooper (6) + Imperial Officer (2)
c) HK Assassin Droid (8)
d) Probe Droid (3) + Imperial Officer (5)
(I'm not saying all of these will be great, just showing some examples.)

You can't have Heavy Stormtrooper (6), because they are already in the initial groups.

So, build two patrols like this and place them face down into their respective ends of the board.

Threat level 4 is high enough to have plenty of options. With less you're going to have issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian el dodo
msg tools
mb
My mistake was to miss the "twice" keyword, and thinking that the threat has to be divided between the two patrols. It's clearer now. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.