Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone recently asked for advice for their new job as a counselor, well...my wife is going back to work next week to her K-8 school counselor job.

In her office she has tons of hands on toys she lets the kids play with (play-doh, crayons, etc.) and a few weeks ago she mentioned something to me about some type of story dice she saw at Target. That got me thinking what types of games would be good for her to have in her office? This game would have to be quick (about 15 minutes), easy enough for K-8 grades, 2 player and inspiring and/or thought provoking.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

One of the suggestions on the other thread was Dixit, which while it interests me, might be too long.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason you couldn't just keep Dixit shorter, you don't have to play the full game.

I'm sure what she saw at Target was Rory's Story Cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chiriboga
United States
Oviedo
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know of any off the top of my head, because I don't own any, but something that might work well is a game that has the "I divide, you choose" mechanic, in which there are resources, 1 person divides them into 2 piles, and the other person gets to pick the pile that they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Garrett

Georgia
msg tools
My husband teaches autistic middle school kids. He plays Fluxx with them a lot. Apparently it teaches flexibility pretty well. Goals always shifting and that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a child friendly version of Zombie Dice. If not, a baseball themed version would work and could teach risk/reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mood X always seemed like a good game for a school counselor, especially younger ones. It's a story telling game where emotions and mood play a big part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chiriboga
United States
Oviedo
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only game with that "I divide, you choose" mechanic that I mentioned earlier that is both 2-player and fits in the time range you're looking for is Piece o' Cake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
Is there a child friendly version of Zombie Dice. If not, a baseball themed version would work and could teach risk/reward.

Dino Hunt Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilma Mizanoski
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out "Meazy N More" dice game. It has 4 different ways to play and additional "Eazy Peazy" games free are on Zano Games website. Good for kids age 5 and on up...use your mind making color number combinations, but lots of fun, and everyone plays at the same time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.