Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Marvel Universe vs You Scheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just finished reading Marvel Universe vs the Avengers after reading Punisher and Wolverine and I wanted to make a scheme to resemble the feeling of hopelessness in the comic
Spider man is patient Zero, bystanders are infected, Heroes become infected 5 at a time and it is a desperate fight to save what Heroes you can but if 12 infected break Quarantine its game over and when you fight you stand to lose another ally
BUT you win if you can survive the onslaught of the infected
Please this is my first crack at it any ideas or improvements are welcomed
Have fun and stay immune
ps I didn't include Rise of the living dead because they are technically not zombies.
and I was considering putting in Dr Doom somehow but he not really crucial that much in the comic so I left him out lol Hell you could even play this without a mastermind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun scheme.

A couple of questions:
It says villains have Feast. Is that an ambush, fight, or escape effect? Also do heroes and bystanders in the villain deck have it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Feast in the Paint the town red rules says = fight: KO the top card of your deck and DAMNIT i meant to put HEROES...shit lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Anez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
I'd like to take a moment say this Scheme is downright brutal and looks really fun, like a sort of survival scheme. I do think there needs to be either more heroes, or a more lenient Twist, specially if you're going to encourage playing it without a Mastermind. You are looking at 26 cards that are going to get feasted on just by looking at the setup and an extra 10 that are going to get KO'd every time the Twist happens (5 from the Twist, 5 from the eventual Feasts/Escapes).

I know I will try this eventually though, granted I find 2-3 hours to do so

EDIT: Also that was a quick fix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rjmendez wrote:
Feast in the Paint the town red rules says = fight: KO the top card of your deck and DAMNIT i meant to put HEROES...shit lol

I know what Feast does. My question is when do the villains feast? Is it when they enter the city (Ambush), when you defeat them (Fight), or when they leave the city (Escape)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mendez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
1) Well it is kinda designed for you too lose but think you have hope to win (SPOILERS FOR COMIC like it is in the comic it does not have a happy ending)
2)Villains were never meant to have the feast just the Heroes and its being used like a fight effect similar to maximum carnage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Anez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
Mundane wrote:
rjmendez wrote:

I know what Feast does. My question is when do the villains feast? Is it when they enter the city (Ambush), when you defeat them (Fight), or when they leave the city (Escape)?

Feast is written as a fight effect. The exception of this is Carnage whose Master Strike is phrased to Feast on each player (And one of his tactics, which lets the player choose who gets feasted on)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, upon KOing the non-grey heroes, how do we add them to the villain deck? Do we shuffle them in or add them to the bottom? That's a key point to note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the schemes tab of the Marvel Master Database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.