6 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can the same action card be used for more than one fire group? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
msg tools
mb
My apologies in advance for the newbie question, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules or the forums.

Can the same action card be used for more than one fire group? For example, I have two separate fire groups activated at the same time under one leader; I have one "spray fire" action card to play to supplement my "fire" order. May both fire groups use this action card to supplement the one fire order? I don't think this is possible but would like some verification please. Also, please let me know where this is specified in the rules if possible.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Bytor444 wrote:
My apologies in advance for the newbie question, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules or the forums.

Can the same action card be used for more than one fire group? For example, I have two separate fire groups activated at the same time under one leader; I have one "spray fire" action card to play to supplement my "fire" order. May both fire groups use this action card to supplement the one fire order? I don't think this is possible but would like some verification please. Also, please let me know where this is specified in the rules if possible.

Thanks!

Such cards generally specify that they are for one specific attack. So the answer is "no". E.g. in A40, it talks about "Spray Fire may only be played just prior to the player making a Fire Attack Roll." and the effect on "the attack" and "that single Attack Total."

2 different fire groups are not making the same attack.

Don't confuse the Fire order (which can activate various units, via an activated leader) with individual attacks (which all might result from a single Fire order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Those cards apply to an attack roll. Each fire group makes a separate roll.

Here one example:
Quote:
A 41 Sustained Fire
Sustained Fire may only be played just prior
to the player making a Fire Attack Roll in
which at least one Mortar or MG is firing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
msg tools
mb
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the prompt and thorough replies with clear examples. It makes sense to me now.

All the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrythesecond
United Kingdom
Camborne
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
A future player sleeps...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bytor444 wrote:
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the prompt and thorough replies with clear examples. It makes sense to me now.

All the best.

Get used to it. The Combat Commander community on BGG are bloody excellent at supporting new players learning the ropes. God bless 'em all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.