Subject: Expansion plans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great looking game, my kids will LOVE it!

I know that you are reading and writing here, Jerry (that's really cool, btw, thanks a lot!), may I ask a question?

Since I will be the guy who can't say no when juniors see it, is this going to be as expansion heavy like X-Wing, for example?

Don't get me wrong, I love expansions, but I've reached a point where I can't afford to buy into another expensive game system. But this is sooo cute and it would be great to have something to counter the dominant Star Wars theme at my house...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:

I know that you are reading and writing here, Jerry (that's really cool, btw, thanks a lot!), may I ask a question?

Since I will be the guy who can't say no when juniors see it, is this going to be as expansion heavy like X-Wing, for example?

Don't get me wrong, I love expansions, but I've reached a point where I can't afford to buy into another expensive game system. But this is sooo cute and it would be great to have something to counter the dominant Star Wars theme at my house...
We don't currently have an aggressive expansion model like X-wing, we are more interested in telling stories through gameplay. To that end, we will release figures in conjunction with story based campaign minded goals and cross compatibility wherever possible. We are looking to release just 4 small packs next year. We also made the base game so that you start off with a ton of stuff right out of the box, and if you already own Mice and Mystics, you will have tons more options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this superfast and reassuring answer, I really hoped it would be something like this! Bye, bye, money...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Related question: Reading the rulebook now, but how will 4+ player games work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the nature of this kind of gameplay, you can play with more than 2 players quite easily if you have the time, space, and inclination. Each additional player does add to the game time by about 30 minutes per additional player using 50 point armies. The rules really stay the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
IS there an month on this besides fall 15? or better yet a proorder deadline? Also if I happen to move (fairly likely) will I be able to change the mailing addy after the preorder end? ThxQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
SirWillibald wrote:

We don't currently have an aggressive expansion model like X-wing, we are more interested in telling stories through gameplay. To that end, we will release figures in conjunction with story based campaign minded goals and cross compatibility wherever possible. We are looking to release just 4 small packs next year. We also made the base game so that you start off with a ton of stuff right out of the box, and if you already own Mice and Mystics, you will have tons more options.

Thank you for the update Jerry. My family is very excited for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I am very excited to hear the expansion model.

I just got into Imperial Assault -- my first FFG title and have been extremely overwhelmed by the CONSTANT announcements of stuff I need to decide whether or not to spend money on.

I have REALLY enjoyed the Mice & Mystics setup where I can confidently say 'I'll buy it all' because of the release schedule and the quality of each release. I'm very glad to hear that things aren't changing as Plaid Hat grows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
nobeerblues wrote:
Because of the nature of this kind of gameplay, you can play with more than 2 players quite easily if you have the time, space, and inclination. Each additional player does add to the game time by about 30 minutes per additional player using 50 point armies. The rules really stay the same.

Does the base game include enough to play 3-4 players comfortably?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:

Does the base game include enough to play 3-4 players comfortably?
Well, you would have to get creative. In my opinion, the best way to play 4 player with just the base set, would be to play teams. Each team member gets 2 unit cards and works together with their teammate to protect their nest.

In future DLC we will have fully realized multiplayer scenarios that are specifically designed to offer variety of experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:
IS there an month on this besides fall 15? or better yet a proorder deadline? Also if I happen to move (fairly likely) will I be able to change the mailing addy after the preorder end? ThxQ

In the video posted from GenCon he said it will be up for sale/demo at Essen and the BTD guy interviewing him said a November(at which point Jerry said for sale at Essen too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been intentionally avoiding tactical miniatures games because they tend to be money pits, but I DO really want one in my collection, and this one looks awesome! I love the idea of combined air and ground forces, I like the Missions idea, the special ability cards, the mix and match of riders and birds, the story, it's firing on all cylinders.

Just enough figures to roughly double the base game, and I'd be happy. a bubble pack of the figures from M&M, so those of us that have no interest in M&M can still integrate them into Tail Feathers. More hero's for the rats. The only part of the game that I would love to see continued releases would be scenario's. A campaign book would be awesome, an online creator, where players could contribute and share their own scenario's would be amazing. I'd contribute to that in a heartbeat. Maybe a couple of extra different Mission Disks as good ideas pop up . . .

I want there to be an end to the field, so the goal posts eventually stop moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MStone wrote:
I've been intentionally avoiding tactical miniatures games because they tend to be money pits, but I DO really want one in my collection, and this one looks awesome! I love the idea of combined air and ground forces, I like the Missions idea, the special ability cards, the mix and match of riders and birds, the story, it's firing on all cylinders.

Just enough figures to roughly double the base game, and I'd be happy. a bubble pack of the figures from M&M, so those of us that have no interest in M&M can still integrate them into Tail Feathers. More hero's for the rats. The only part of the game that I would love to see continued releases would be scenario's. A campaign book would be awesome, an online creator, where players could contribute and share their own scenario's would be amazing. I'd contribute to that in a heartbeat. Maybe a couple of extra different Mission Disks as good ideas pop up . . .

I want there to be an end to the field, so the goal posts eventually stop moving.

There's a part in the manual that talks about making your own custom scenarios. It's certainly encouraged and I believe that they were planning on providing a way to share them online. I might be confused on that one though, but for sure, custom scenarios are encouraged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rothaug
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jerry Hawthorne, I've been watching for awhile now and haven't heard any news on planned releases/expansions. Is there currently a plan to release more content for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDRES PALACIOS
Colombia
BOGOTA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrothaug wrote:
@Jerry Hawthorne, I've been watching for awhile now and haven't heard any news on planned releases/expansions. Is there currently a plan to release more content for this game?

Hi Jerry,if you see this post, I'm also looking forward those expansion packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 992822. ANDRESGPR
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Fri Dec 2, 2016 4:33 am
daniel deeping
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ANDRESGPR wrote:
jrothaug wrote:

Hi Jerry,if you see this post, I'm also looking forward those expansion packs.

@JerryHawthorne, I am also looking forward to some expansions for this game.
More heroes and units tied into the usual great story telling would be a treat, and a much larger campaign would be very welcome indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am ready for more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This silence is killing me!

Please Plaidhat/Jerry/anyone share a light about new content

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a theory why we won't see expansions: asmodee bought Plaid Hat, they already own X-Wing via Fantasy Flight. They may not want two competing games. I know they are very different games but they are always compared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If nothing else every new Mice Mystics expansion should also launch with an optional side purchase that makes all the units work j. Tail feathers along with maybe a few new scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the minute Asmodee got ahold of PH all bets are off as to the future of PF games and a media blackout seems their MO so we may not hear from the PH designers anymore.

If MM has been axed then we'll know if the silence persists more than a year. Hell. If it persists more than six months that is not a good sign.

We've gone from a very active and hands on designer group to near dead silence. Having seen this tactic with other companies and media. Its not a good sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dont know if it is related to the continuity of the game, but the brazilian version of tail feathers was released last friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably product that was allready in the process when PH was bought up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.