New York
flag msg tools
For casual play with friends and family do you think this is enough:

1 YT-1300
4 X-Wing

1 Firespray
1 TIE Advanced
7 TIE Fighter

I want to keep it to original trilogy ships only and none of the later stuff. I will probably add more later on but for casual play now does this look like enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that will certainly be enough.

But what about Tie Bombers, Interceptors, A-Wings, B-Wings and Y-Wings? Those are all original trilogy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
Yes, that will certainly be enough.

But what about Tie Bombers, Interceptors, A-Wings, B-Wings and Y-Wings? Those are all original trilogy as well.

I agree. A little more variety!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like 3 core sets and 1 expansion of each (including X-Wing and TIE Fighter).

For casual play, 1 core set is fine.
2 core sets may be a cheap way to get extra ships and dice. Not mandatory, though.
3 core sets is just too much, unless you want to play a tournament TIE Swarm.

Drop at least one core set, and get instead one Y-Wing expansion to add variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many X-Wings and Ties for strictly casual. Mix it up a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I already have everything besides the YT-1300 and Firespray. Got the three sets for $15 each a while ago when Target had them on sale and bought the three they had left and got the other expansions for the cards. I plan on eventually adding at least one of each of the other ships but want to add the two big ones first. Just wanted to know if these were enough for now until I get some more cash to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Llewsor wrote:
It looks like 3 core sets and 1 expansion of each (including X-Wing and TIE Fighter).

For casual play, 1 core set is fine.
2 core sets may be a cheap way to get extra ships and dice. Not mandatory, though.
3 core sets is just too much, unless you want to play a tournament TIE Swarm.

Drop at least one core set, and get instead one Y-Wing expansion to add variety.

I agree that 3 core is too much but 2 is probably mandatory if you are the one supplying the models. I also like to have a spare deck. The extra dice are needed and the templates are helpful.

That said, I cannot blame anyone for going with 3 core. I would wait for the repackaged core with EP7 ship styles, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:

I want to keep it to original trilogy ships only and none of the later stuff. I will probably add more later on but for casual play now does this look like enough?

Yes, absolutely. A-Wings and Interceptors are my favorite ships, so naturally I will suggest those next, the solo packs followed by the Aces packs, but you have more than enough to play a LOT of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Well I was going to get the falcon and slave 1 however the game store sold out. Do you think I should wait on those or should I just get the two Aces packs for now and get the big ships later because he has those in stock?

As for the three cores, I already have those because Target had three a while ago for $15 for I just all three. In addition I bought another X-Wing and TIE for the cards as well as a TIE Advanced for Vader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the single blisters for A-Wings and Interceptors better, but there is no denying the Aces packs are better deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenderbass124 wrote:
Well I was going to get the falcon and slave 1 however the game store sold out. Do you think I should wait on those or should I just get the two Aces packs for now and get the big ships later because he has those in stock?

As for the three cores, I already have those because Target had three a while ago for $15 for I just all three. In addition I bought another X-Wing and TIE for the cards as well as a TIE Advanced for Vader.

Ok, so you have enough ships to play standard battles (100pts), with some named pilots and/or upgrade cards.
Save your money for the big ships you want, play with the ships you have. If you like the game, buy the big ones when they are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Alright thanks guys yeah I've played the game and I like the game. I'm not doing the tournaments and all because it's just crazy to spend that much money on them. I love Star Wars so when they were on sale I went and bought the sets and stuff. Yeah I'll probably just wait until the bigger ships are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I can sell some old magic singles for store credit at card kingdom and get enough ships to have this collection now:

Rebels (9)
1 YT-1300
2 A-Wing
2 B-Wing
4 X-Wing

Imperial (13)
1 Firespray
1 TIE Advanced
2 TIE Interceptor
2 TIE Bomber
7 TIE Fighter

How does that look for casual play? Again I'm just going for original ships and just enough to play casually but still have variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.