Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Small City» Forums » News

Subject: Kickstarter Live - French Rules Translation Funding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
so the kickstarter campaign for Small City launched. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I just discovered this game and have gone down the rabbit hole of ordering a copy directly from Alban (hopefully it will arrive this week). If I had known it was coming to kickstarter I would have just waited and gotten in on some the those stretch goals. As it is, I'm still happy to support Alban because the game looks great and I thinks it's kind of awesome that he's doing so much on his own. I just wish I would have known it was coming to kickstarter. What do you think?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Live
Strange - I didn't know about the KS, either...

However, I am not convinced any of those Stretch Goals will be exclusives. Rather, I think they will also be available later, as part of an expansion, or somesuch...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Walk
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Live
singhalex wrote:
so the kickstarter campaign for Small City launched. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I just discovered this game and have gone down the rabbit hole of ordering a cop ph direct from Alban (hopefully it will arrive this week). If I had known it was coming to kickstarter I would have just waited and gotten in on some the those stretch goals. As it is, I'm still happy to support Alban because the game looks great and I thinks it's kind of awesome that he's doing so much on his own. I just wish I would have known it was coming to kickstarter. What do you think?


+1 ...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Live
From what I gather from the KS page, the goal of this campaign is just to get enough funds to publish the rules in French. Objective is achieved.

Pledge n°4 (10€+ shipping) is for stretch goals only, if you're interested in.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Live
Yes it is to fund the french rules only, not sure you are interested in the french version, that's why I did not post anything here. That was odd that a game designed by a french author, and assembled in France had no french rules in the box indeed...

And to stay fair, the small stretch goals (if there are some...) will be available at the fair or after the fair when Godzilla will come or when the tiles expansion will be released.

(In fact, I have very few french customers (less than 20) and I did not want to put money again on the table (Small City has been very expensive to produce) for very few french players).
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Well, I for one was delighted to discover that there is a Kickstarter, because I was sure I was going to miss out on this one just like I did with Clinic. So, thanks for the heads up!


But...

You can still order directly from Alban, so you technically haven't missed anything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Well, I for one was delighted to discover that there is a Kickstarter, because I was sure I was going to miss out on this one just like I did with Clinic. So, thanks for the heads up!


But...

You can still order directly from Alban, so you technically haven't missed anything.


Well...I didn't know that, now did I?


Fair point!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
So what's the best option if I want to buy this? Back the Kickstarter or buy direct from Alban?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to Essen, just preorder the game directly from me
If you don't make the fair, order the game with KS
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chize wrote:
singhalex wrote:
so the kickstarter campaign for Small City launched. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I just discovered this game and have gone down the rabbit hole of ordering a cop ph direct from Alban (hopefully it will arrive this week). If I had known it was coming to kickstarter I would have just waited and gotten in on some the those stretch goals. As it is, I'm still happy to support Alban because the game looks great and I thinks it's kind of awesome that he's doing so much on his own. I just wish I would have known it was coming to kickstarter. What do you think?


+1 ...


+1 ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am saying :
- If you go to Essen and you already have the game, just pick up some SG FOR FREE
- If you do not go to Essen, I will add these SG FOR FREE again with your next order from me

Is that clearer ???

This campaign is for the french customers who do not know me and now they can have french rules. This is a fun campaign that can offer stretch Goals for everyone. I do not see any issue ! It is like very few people is going to offer something for everyone (at my expense) ...

I also think that NOBODY should buy the SG ! Except if you absolutely want them right now after the campaign. Yes I ship the week after the campaign, have you ever seen that in your US KS ???
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle

Washington
msg tools
hey alban just for clarification:

- If you do not go to Essen, I will add these SG FOR FREE again with your next order from me

for this option, could we just pay shipping to have them sent to us? also, how much is card city, and is that still available?

finally, i was curious, is the political activist character mentioned in the kickstarter the same new meeple you are working on for the essen expansion (mentioned in the other thread), or is this a second new character? in other words, do the stretch goals overlap with the mini-expansion you are going to have at essen, or are they all new content?

thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
I am saying :
- If you go to Essen and you already have the game, just pick up some SG FOR FREE
- If you do not go to Essen, I will add these SG FOR FREE again with your next order from me

Is that clearer ???

This campaign is for the french customers who do not know me and now they can have french rules. This is a fun campaign that can offer stretch Goals for everyone. I do not see any issue ! It is like very few people is going to offer something for everyone (at my expense) ...

I also think that NOBODY should buy the SG ! Except if you absolutely want them right now after the campaign. Yes I ship the week after the campaign, have you ever seen that in your US KS ???


That's very gracious and kind of you.

I in no way meant to disparage your work or even your Kickstarter campaign. In fact, I applaud your use of the platform. You are the exact type of creator that Kickstarter is meant for. I only wish you continued success and can't wait to see what you have in store for the future of Small City.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Super cool of you Alban... very generous.

I'm very glad to have supported your designs, twice now since I first saw Clinic on the front page last year.

Looking forward to that next order with a bundle of SG and the purchase of a new expansion or two.... whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
Super cool of you Alban... very generous.

I'm very glad to have supported your designs, twice now since I first saw Clinic on the front page last year.

Looking forward to that next order with a bundle of SG and the purchase of a new expansion or two.... whistle


A Nice Medical Dossier 3 ?
-
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tuckitt wrote:

- If you do not go to Essen, I will add these SG FOR FREE again with your next order from me

Yes, that means that the next time you order something from me (a new stand alone game in February 16, or new expansions for older games), just claim for your SG and they will be added for FREE

tuckitt wrote:
for this option, could we just pay shipping to have them sent to us? also, how much is card city, and is that still available?


Yes you can if you absolutely want the SG right now after the campaign, but I am sure you have many many great games to play =

tuckitt wrote:
finally, i was curious, is the political activist character mentioned in the kickstarter the same new meeple you are working on for the essen expansion (mentioned in the other thread), or is this a second new character? in other words, do the stretch goals overlap with the mini-expansion you are going to have at essen, or are they all new content?
thanks.


That's the same Character Meeple, we printed both variants which are so nice and highly appreciated in many groups, particularly the Park Variant

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to show you that we are working

How many PA do we have to paint ? = I have around 600, so do not pledge my Kickstarter too strong please -)




9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
Would like to show you that we are working

How many PA do we have to paint ? = I have around 600, so do not pledge my Kickstarter too strong please -)

Amazing. Thank you for such dedication to your customers. Really looking forward to Essen!

nabla wrote:
A Nice Medical Dossier 3 ?
-

Wouldn't say no to that. There is a nice space next to the other two dossiers to fit a third. We still need to play a game of Epic CliniC (both dossiers added), but a game of Truly Epic Clinic sounds very tempting as well
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Png
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
I am saying :
- If you go to Essen and you already have the game, just pick up some SG FOR FREE
- If you do not go to Essen, I will add these SG FOR FREE again with your next order from me

Is that clearer ???

This campaign is for the french customers who do not know me and now they can have french rules. This is a fun campaign that can offer stretch Goals for everyone. I do not see any issue ! It is like very few people is going to offer something for everyone (at my expense) ...

I also think that NOBODY should buy the SG ! Except if you absolutely want them right now after the campaign. Yes I ship the week after the campaign, have you ever seen that in your US KS ???


Wow Alban that is SO much better! Really thank you for the kind gesture!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get the game from my local game store, will it also come with the stretch goals?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
horus83 wrote:
If I get the game from my local game store, will it also come with the stretch goals?


No, only With the Campaign or later if you becomes one of my subscriber And order other things from me

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
20 Medical Dossier#1 and #2 will be at Essen.

About Medical Dossier#3, there will be some Virus, a new color for the 10mm cubes : Pink... I let you imagine what for... , new tiles for public works on the ground floor, a TV Satellite antenna ...
I am also waiting for a quote for a new component, but that would probably be too expensive... We will see...


Yes I have a new logo, the old one for AoS team was a little bit confusing, even if I always have ideas to release one or 2 pairs of Age of steam expansions a year, that was odd to see it on my stand alone game...
Todd Sanders drew me an awesome logo with my letters and I think it fits very well towards the kind of games I am actually designing...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So pardon my ignorance in advance if I'm a complete idiot here...

I saw this featured on Kickstarter and after reading about the game and watching Rahdo's video, I'm really interested in this game. Could anyone help me translate the backing options, and what they each include. I've used some google translate, but I'm still not 100% on what each tier is including. Could anyone help this non-cultured American figure this out?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read the description below its in English too. And I believe it tells the tiers there
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, you rock!

How does everyone feel about Card City? It's only a few $ more to add that... kind of seems like a no brainer to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.