Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gave this a solo runthrough last night and a few questions popped up that I wouldn't mind resolving before I teach it to others:

1. After a task card is resolved, is it moved to the discard pile or does it stay face up on the current task space. This is important when it comes to whether or not resolved tasks are shuffled back into the deck (with the discards) once the task deck runs out.

2. In terms of the commander die, I presume that it works the same as any other die other than: (1) it provides a +1 die effect to the commander and (2) it can only be retrieved by the commander from the available resource pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompa wrote:
2. In terms of the commander die, I presume that it works the same as any other die other than: (1) it provides a +1 die effect to the commander and (2) it can only be retrieved by the commander from the available resource pool.

This is not entirely clear from the current rule book, but Derrick has confirmed elsewhere in the forums that the Commander Die is an extra die (beyond the regular die limit) that may be picked up by whoever is the current Commander. Other than that you're spot on.

(I don't have any insight on #1, although my guess would be that it wouldn't make that much of a difference; if the task deck runs out I assume the Uninfected are on a downward spiraling slope anyways.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompa wrote:
Gave this a solo runthrough last night and a few questions popped up that I wouldn't mind resolving before I teach it to others:

1. After a task card is resolved, is it moved to the discard pile or does it stay face up on the current task space. This is important when it comes to whether or not resolved tasks are shuffled back into the deck (with the discards) once the task deck runs out.

The card stays face up in the current task space. It can be important to the infected players since it can alter further shuffle as you said.

Rompa wrote:

Exactly like you said. One adittional dice that can only be used by the current commander thus its dice limit its one more and he is the only one which can retrieve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play like this. When a task is resolved, whether pass or fail, move to discard pile face down.

We may need an official ruling on this because if the task cards stay face up in the current task pile, there will be a higher number of more difficult tasks toward the end of the game, if you need to shuffle the discards and reuse them, or when you create the deck for the final event.

Yes, you're right about the Commander die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you, Greg, in terms of wanting to hear from Evan on the first point.

Thanks to all for clarifying the second!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Evan, the game designer:

Quote:
When you finish a Task card simply leave it where it is, face up on the board. The next player that chooses a Task card lays it down on top of the previous one, faceup. When you run out of Task cards, take all the faceup ones that were chosen and all the facedown ones that were not chosen and shuffle them together to form a new Task deck.

The only time Task cards are discarded out of the game is when you begin the Final Event. At that point you discard all the Complications from the game, leaving only Malfunctions in the Task deck.

in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1384247/what-do-executed-ta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant - much obliged.

That also acted as a handy reminder regarding forming a malfunction inly task deck for the final push!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm a bit late to the game and all the questions have been answered! But I'll toss in some more thoughts anyways

When you run out of Task cards, whether you've chosen to leave them faceup or discard them facedown, shuffle ALL the Task cards and form a new deck.

And yes, the Commander die is an additional die that can only be retrieved and used by the current Commander. Honestly, I wish now I had created an extra die token that was shaded blue that the Commander could put next to his shield. That would have fixed all the confusion that's arisen over how that's played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derrickec wrote:
Honestly, I wish now I had created an extra die token that was shaded blue that the Commander could put next to his shield. That would have fixed all the confusion that's arisen over how that's played.

When it goes to reprint maybe just add a spot on the Commander's card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
Commander Card is held up and read etc.. better to just color one dice slot blue. And you don't need to reprint to do it.

Still though I find it crazy that there are people who don't get the Commander Dice rule, but hey I have some questions that need answering, too.

Sorry Evan I love the game but the rulebook is seriously rubbish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.