Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

I am not familiar with the steps (if there's any) during SoT but I have a weird idea that a combo might happen.

Is it possible to use the first portion of rationalism to learn a level 1 tech (Code of laws), change the government to Republic, then use an army token to found a new city, followed by use the 2nd portion of rationalism to learn a level 2 tech (Chivalry, Democracy or Monarchy), and change to their respective new government and take advantage to their SoT abilities (2 trades or X culture tokens)?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a discussion about government change here somewhere. The player consensus seems to be that you can change your government once per turn at most.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagar wrote:
There is a discussion about government change here somewhere. The player consensus seems to be that you can change your government once per turn at most.


IIRC the consensus is that it is complicated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Lol, so is it a yes or no?
Besides the government changing, is the way how rationalism works being wrongly abused or correctly taken advantage of?

Dulkal wrote:
Dagar wrote:
There is a discussion about government change here somewhere. The player consensus seems to be that you can change your government once per turn at most.


IIRC the consensus is that it is complicated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cowseye wrote:
Lol, so is it a yes or no?


That's complicated...

I am not sure the community has ever settled on a consensus (but I haven't been following for a while). I would allow it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
cowseye wrote:
Lol, so is it a yes or no?
Besides the government changing, is the way how rationalism works being wrongly abused or correctly taken advantage of?

Dulkal wrote:
Dagar wrote:
There is a discussion about government change here somewhere. The player consensus seems to be that you can change your government once per turn at most.


IIRC the consensus is that it is complicated.


You can use Rationalism this way as there is no order in how you decide to take your actions.

But about the fact of using 2 government bonuses in a single turn, indeed it's an unsolved issue.

In my group we allow such move as you discribed, but in other groups they don't and only allow one Gov bonus per turn.

So in the end, it's something you will have to fix with your own group.

To be honest I prefer allowing it because if you start to forbid it then you will face a lot of new issues, because some government have no direct bonus during SoT but permanent bonus meaning you will still benefit of 2 governments bonus in a single turn, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Alright

Thank you.

Itchi wrote:
cowseye wrote:
Lol, so is it a yes or no?
Besides the government changing, is the way how rationalism works being wrongly abused or correctly taken advantage of?

Dulkal wrote:
Dagar wrote:
There is a discussion about government change here somewhere. The player consensus seems to be that you can change your government once per turn at most.


IIRC the consensus is that it is complicated.


You can use Rationalism this way as there is no order in how you decide to take your actions.

But about the fact of using 2 government bonuses in a single turn, indeed it's an unsolved issue.

In my group we allow such move as you discribed, but in other groups they don't and only allow one Gov bonus per turn.

So in the end, it's something you will have to fix with your own group.

To be honest I prefer allowing it because if you start to forbid it then you will face a lot of new issues, because some government have no direct bonus during SoT but permanent bonus meaning you will still benefit of 2 governments bonus in a single turn, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.