Andrew Iverson
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title of this thread states, MY FULL SINCERE APOLOGIES to MINIATURE MARKET and BGG for my angry thread stating my complaint re difficulty receiving the Shades of Tezla expansion for Mage Knight The Boardgame which I had pre-ordered in April and not received in a timely fashion after it began to be belatedly distributed beginning August 14th!!

My old thread violated BGG standards, and I admit honestly that it did so violate, and I accept the consequences of said violation and FULLY APOLOGIZE for the irate thread!!! I am very sorry, and sincerely promise never to do it again for any reason under the sun!!

Miniature Market has now taken full steps to rectify their errors (which stemmed from not one but TWO computer glitches, separated months apart, they have admitted to me)!! They are sending me the game expansion (despite it being listed now as OUT OF STOCK on their website), PLUS giving me a REFUND for the item!! Can't beat that!!! YOU ROCK, Miniature Market, and I appreciate your full HONESTY and GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE in fixing your mistakes in my arena IN FULL!!! Many many thanks, and may I say I am your biggest fan now, and you have many many many more fans amongst the community here at BGG, as evidenced by many replies in your favor in the old forum thread.

A special thanks to Octavian for bending over backwards, as always, to help keep the BGG community safe and clean and honest, AND to approve my starting this peaceful thread (my idea! ), AND to alter the title of the old thread soon (at my request, Thanks OCTAVIAN!!!!!), AND to post a link (OCTAVIAN's idea, I think it's a GREAT one!!!!) at the end of the old thread to this new thread after I launch this into forumland here.

Lastly (but not leastly), a MAJOR wave of thankful applause from myself to those fellow and sister Geeks who peacefully and loyally and wisely were able to support me and/or comfort me in my time of anger and woe!!! I will not name names, but I have sent each of you a geekmail of sincerest praise and THANKS!!! Again my SPECIAL thanks to you WONDERFUL ONES for helping me get through this!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY ROCK!!!!!! IN A GREAT GREAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Game on!!

--neo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
All's well that ends well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
New Troll Here!
badge
Stay away from the Voodoo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that was extremely quick. Grats on getting your wares! (and money back too)

On a related note, I also yesterday finally received my copy of Parfum I won on this site several months ago. I ended up sending a couple of emails trying to figure out if it would ever arrive since a few friends already own the game (one bought on clearance!) to which I never received a worthwhile response, but it arrived and all is good in the world. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, we still talking about Miniature Market? Not the game? But Miniature Market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just looking forward to the thread over in the Shades of Tezla forums when he finally receives the game and discovers how fucked up the components are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Harris
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Man, we still talking about Miniature Market? Not the game? But Miniature Market?

Hahaha. I don't think many people here will get the Allen Iverson Practice reference, but well done otherwise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
stevelabny wrote:

hmmmm, let's "C", "Discussing Retailers Forum", check! 'Mistaken'-situation rectified, check! Customer & Company satisfied, check! Yeah, let's go over to the GAME-entry here then to discuss upon this now, check?
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PinballGeek wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Hahaha. I don't think many people here will get the Allen Iverson Practice reference, but well done otherwise!

I did the entire speech in this guys first thread. https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20131882#20131882

As always, I amuse myself first. If one other person laughs, I did my job.
Only 8 thumbs, but someone tipped me 5GG!! I'm hoping that was a spit take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
stevelabny wrote:

PinballGeek wrote:

Not many here WERE: 'Tiddly-winks'-players, JUST so's you're awares or unawares, as their disposition may accommodate on the matter, so, yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I'm just looking forward to the thread over in the Shades of Tezla forums when he finally receives the game and discovers how fucked up the components are.

That was my first thought too. Having Tezla be the game in question here is the punchline to all this. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
PinballGeek wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

I did the entire speech in this guys first thread. https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20131882#20131882

As always, I amuse myself first. If one other person laughs, I did my job.
Only 8 thumbs, but someone tipped me 5GG!! I'm hoping that was a spit take.

It wasn't a spit-take; but a strong smirk (but, I consider any reference to obscure basketball to be extremely clever).

I thought it was a sin that you only got 8 thumbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
It wasn't a spit-take; but a strong smirk (but, I consider any reference to obscure basketball to be extremely clever).

Yeah, well. The same thing happens when I make Firefly and Buffy references during sporting events. Luckily, Game of Thrones went mainstream enough for everyone to understand.

And Iverson's practice rant isn't obscure. Sure its 14 years old at this point, but BGG skews older anyway. Neither are "PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS!" or "They are who we thought they were!" or "They don't think it be like it is but it do." or anything ever uttered by Yogi Berra long before I was born.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Lemur wrote:

Yeah, well. The same thing happens when I make Firefly and Buffy references during sporting events. Luckily, Game of Thrones went mainstream enough for everyone to understand.

And Iverson's practice rant isn't obscure. Sure its 14 years old at this point, but BGG skews older anyway. Neither are "PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS!" or "They are who we thought they were!" or "They don't think it be like it is but it do." or anything ever uttered by Yogi Berra long before I was born.

Yeah, one I love that some of my friends don't get is, "If you wanna crown 'em, then crown 'em!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Lemur wrote:

It's obscure to non-basketball fans ...

I think "They are who we thought they were!" is a little more mainstream.

I get the same result though, when quoting Clerks (there's only so many places you can say "My girlfriend sucked 37 ****" - where it's NOT creepy (further note: Thanksgiving Dinner isn't one of those places)).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Lemur wrote:

Yeah, one I love that some of my friends don't get is, "If you wanna crown 'em, then crown 'em!"

If I ain't startin', I ain't departin'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
I get the same result though, when quoting Clerks (there's only so many places you can say "My girlfriend sucked 37 ****" - where it's NOT creepy (further note: Thanksgiving Dinner isn't one of those places)).

In a row?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
tumorous wrote:

That was my first thought too. Having Tezla be the game in question here is the punchline to all this. laugh

Naturally, this is going to be the copy with the worst problems. Open it up and it's just random Hero Clix and torn up Dice Masters commons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Lemur wrote:

In a row?

There's a badge for that.

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
Lemur wrote:

In a row?

mb

Ok...I'll bite. Why is there a badge for that?

Edit: I demand someone make an Allen Iverson Practice badge! (Iverson's face with a mouseover of "Practice? We talking about practice?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your comments. Too often we let slide the good comments (especially on the internet). Nice to read something with a positive spin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

In a row?

mb

Ok...I'll bite. Why is there a badge for that?

Did you hover your mouse over it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Iverson
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:: I found the tracking number in my account, and the package IS on its way right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Did you hover your mouse over it?

Yes. Hence my request for a "practice" badge.

But I'm still not sure why an "in a row" badge exists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Iverson
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Package received. All is well! peace

Thank you, MINIATURE MARKET!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neophyteg52y wrote:
Package received. All is well! peace

Thank you, MINIATURE MARKET!!

Did you open Shades of Tezla?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.