Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.

I am really new to this game. I wonder why here aren't any strategy articles about the factions. Maybe nobody wanted to write a whole article.
Maybe everyone who is familiar with a faction can post his ideas and strategies and we are able to make a useful collection of ideas about how to play and win with them.

I know, first of all you have to get familiar with the deck. I have just played four games of IS, but i get more and more the feeling that you have to play 10-15 games ... just for one faction to get a very good idea about how to play them, so that you don't get the feeling it's all about card draw luck.

So i hope you are willing to post your ideas about this faction in this post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see where you are coming from. For the Egyptians, there are still things that I am shaky on and combos I haven't even tried. A few things I have heard seem foreign to me with my little experience in this Faction. As I am trying to draw in players, I have always chosen last.

Egyptians are good at buying stuff...or they should be. I will often play them as pseudo Japanese to start by using a gold to make a deal and try to chain resources early. Then, you want to get some heavy in-faction combos going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kal Ixor
Ireland
flag msg tools
Mezike wrote:
You can safely drill into your faction deck fairly deeply if needs be, but I think it's better to switch to mainly drawing from the common deck once you get your core engine in place.

I disagree, Slaver is a huge source of points...and it requires you ti build Egyptian. I always empty the faction deck as Egyptian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt schmaltz
United States
alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Kalix wrote:
Mezike wrote:
You can safely drill into your faction deck fairly deeply if needs be, but I think it's better to switch to mainly drawing from the common deck once you get your core engine in place.

I disagree, Slaver is a huge source of points...and it requires you ti build Egyptian. I always empty the faction deck as Egyptian.

Completely agree. Even when you are short foundations it is often still better to continue with the faction deck, since replacing egyptian buildings with new ones is usually a larger point gain in the last round. If you don't have your entire deck drawn at game end I really believe you are doing it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Are those solo scores or with other players? If they are with other players, we're doing something very wrong. I've played 2 games (2 player 54-51) and (3 player 81-68-54).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Regan
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played Egyptians last night and manged to come from behind I had a lot a of Gold and people and a Goldsmith in last turn this netted me 20 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.