Subject: Wizkids response to the issues with the expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I made a replacement request for the character cards and the monster tokens due to the different colors and sizes and got this response:

Hi Markus,

Thank you for contacting us about your issue. We are aware of the issues with the Shades of Tezla expansion and are looking into ways of fixing them. At the moment there are no copies that do not have the issues you have listed and we cannot send you replacements that would take care of these issue. Please be aware we will be making an announcement when replacements are available.

Thank you,

The Wizkids Replacement Team

I do not know if they will do something about it but maybe the complaints have made them consider fixing it. Lets hope at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome,

just hope I didn't have to register with them within '90 days' as the box says, what do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry fellows, not to gloat, but I'm glad I put off buying it. I had my fingers crossed they might address it.

Since they know it's a wide spread issue I wonder if they will replace existing stock from retailers and make a second edition release out of it, instead of replacing all the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would make a replacement order just in case but thats how I work. Or just mail their customer support and let them know that you also have issues with the components. The more people that contact Wizkids the better. At least I hope so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Sorry fellows, not to gloat, but I'm glad I put off buying it. I had my fingers crossed they might address it.

Since they know it's a wide spread issue I wonder if they will replace existing stock from retailers and make a second edition release out of it, instead of replacing all the components.

I think it would be cheaper at this point to just send replacements to everyone who asks for them, so I expect that if WK were to do anything, that would be it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:

Nothing to gloat about. You chose to wait for better components, I chose to get the really fun new gameplay. We both win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
mackanl wrote:
Please be aware we will be making an announcement when replacements are available.

What date is St. Never's day this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
What date is St. Never's day this year?

Octember 32nd, same as it is every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
I already got the expansion and I'm reasonably happy with the components, though there are obvious issues.

I certainly hope they come up with a replacement program and a second corrected reprint, but I'm reluctant to believe it, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garruk TheHunter
msg tools
mbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Awesome,

just hope I didn't have to register with them within '90 days' as the box says, what do you guys think?

Where on the box did you see this? I've checked and couldn't find it. And how do we register?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found the information on Wizkids homepage and haven't seen it on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Adonai_80 wrote:
Awesome,

I asked them this as a follow-up, along with verification that signing up for the replacement manual wouldn't use up my replacement component quota. Here was the response:

Quote:

Most likely we will be offering the replacement manuals at the same time as the replacement tokens. Currently, we are waiting on our factories to reprint all the components to make the replacements available to customers. If you set up a package for the manual we will be sending you all the components that are available when we send the replacements.

While they not say that waiting past 90 days would be a problem, it sounds like signing up for the manual replacement will get you on the list for other components as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stickasylum wrote:
Quote:
Most likely we will be offering the replacement manuals at the same time as the replacement tokens. Currently, we are waiting on our factories to reprint all the components to make the replacements available to customers. If you set up a package for the manual we will be sending you all the components that are available when we send the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fascinating...

My Hidden Valley token and Druidic Path cards arrived damaged and I requested a replacement.

According to my service ticket, the parts replacement request in "ON HOLD" whatever that means.

Could this all be true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hats off to Wizkids if they actually do this. I might even overlook the fact that the mini looks like a crazed tramp waving a plastic sword and buy the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for a reprint so i can check the quality before buying. I no longer trust them...

I had to send several emails and wait for 3 months to get a replacement of a bad Star Trek Attack Wing model!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Waiting for a reprint so i can check the quality before buying. I no longer trust them...

I had to send several emails and wait for 3 months to get a replacement of a bad Star Trek Attack Wing model!

If it was an expansion from the latest release (at the time of your request), then the explanation that I got was that the replacement parts don't come in until about a month+ after the retail release date. So if you add the standard 4-6 weeks for processing and shipping, then its right around 3 months.

Also, I can't believe that the tokens are getting replacements. Just when I've finally had enough of their hijinks, Wk goes and does something right for a change to try to lure me back in. Amazing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garruk wrote:
Adonai_80 wrote:
Awesome,

Where on the box did you see this? I've checked and couldn't find it. And how do we register?

whoops, I'm fairly certain I meant to say manual - although I'm at work right now and can't verify - I may have seen it on their website.. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Stickasylum wrote:
Quote:

If they actually do that, I'll buy Star Trek Frontiers out of principle alone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of a few minutes ago, Shades of Tezla was removed from the listing of games you can select from on the WizKids replacement site. Anyone else having this issue?

I even created a package yesterday with the intent of submitting it with receipt today and I have a "this product is no longer available" message when I view that package.

"We didn't think everyone wanted an unbent rulebook!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them a request and was answered "Hi Salsifi,

Thank you for contacting us about your issue. We are aware of the issues with the Shade of Tezla expansion, but currently we do not have any replacement parts for these issues. We will be making an announcement when replacement parts that fix these issues become available.

Thank you"

So I suppose they removed it until they have the replacement parts/packages. Let's wait'n see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobacles wrote:
As of a few minutes ago, Shades of Tezla was removed from the listing of games you can select from on the WizKids replacement site. Anyone else having this issue?

I even created a package yesterday with the intent of submitting it with receipt today and I have a "this product is no longer available" message when I view that package.

"We didn't think everyone wanted an unbent rulebook!!"

Well, from past experience with them at cons, WK has always seemed to have major problems trying to estimate how much product they will need in a given situation. In this instance, I'm not entirely sure that they ran out of rulebooks (though that is a possibility). I'm thinking that a good number of us, myself included, rushed to the WK site to order a replacement rulebook after hearing of the possibility of also getting a proper set of monster tokens with it and WK either couldn't handle the amount of requests, or didn't want to sit on a large number of requests for a few months. Their policy of a 90 day limit (from date of purchase) on requesting replacements probably also played a part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kastberg Hinrichsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
As I have no prior experience with replacement of board game tokens, I'll ask here.

Assume that replacements will be available. Will I then have to buy a misprinted game and then request a replacement, or will they ship the replacement version to retailers for direct purchase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jihgfee wrote:
As I have no prior experience with replacement of board game tokens, I'll ask here.

Assume that replacements will be available. Will I then have to buy a misprinted game and then request a replacement, or will they ship the replacement version to retailers for direct purchase?

This will vary from company to company, and depending on the scale of the misprint, maybe even from game to game.

My guess is that WK will probably require you to purchase the misprinted product and then request a replacement. Its not completely outside of the realm of possibility that they will just ship what they have to venues who request them, or of their own volition. They have sent out corrected versions of misprinted materials for their other games, but that was a rare occurrence.

Also, at this point no one really knows if Wk will do another printing of SoT. So speculating on a corrected printing is going to be a coin toss.

As others have said, if you feel like SoT is an expansion that you simply need to have, then get it now, because it may not be available tomorrow. If the errors are something that you can't abide, then don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to set up a replacement "package" successfully, but they only let you include 5 items in that request. So I only requested the manual but when I uploaded my receipt I included a note on it indicating that I would also like replacement enemy tokens and basic action cards. We'll see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.