Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the dual choice power cards in Relic, when you can either play it for some effect, or use the number printed on the card instead of a die roll. Example here.

So how about using trophies for the same effect. Instead of rolling a die for movement or combat, you can discard one of your trophies. Its craft / strength value = the number rolled on the die. If it has a craft / strength > 6 you get to choose the number rolled.

It could lead to some interesting decisions on when to trade in trophies, or when to sacrifice them to succeed a critical roll.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too like the power cards in relic and my son dislikes spells in general as he often gets a spell as a reward and either he cant have any more spells or its of no use in the present situation. So I came up with an alternative which are blessings, these do not count as spells but you may take one instead of a spell if a card instructs you to draw a spell (so you cant buy blessings. Each card has a number that can replace your movement dice and also an action like gaining a life, taking an extra go, removing a card or changing your alignment.You can only use a blessing once so either replace the movement dice or the action.

Works well, gives low craft characters an incentive and helps aleviate the movement annoyance.

As for your idea its easy to implement and later in the game could speed things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmb
I use fate dice to achieve somewhat similar effect. Bought 30 tiny d6 dice for that.
Whenever you gain fate, including start of the game, you may roll 1 fate die and put it on the fate token. When you later spend the token to reroll, instead of actually rerolling, you use the result of the fate die. In effect this lets you know what each fate token will produce when used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.