6 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: First campaign threat question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've researched my question quite a bit but can't find the answer anywhere.
We just played the side mission Dark Obsession (which is the campaign mission on the Darth Vader sheet) and I have a question about threat. As I understand it, the Imperial player ALWAYS increased threat after every round (in our case the level was 3 as indicated in the campaign log) even if it is not explicitly stated on the mission sheet. However, after some rounds it says nothing on the mission sheet but after others it depicts the threat symbol and says to increase threat. Does that mean I increase threat twice after that round? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those rounds will have two threat increases. One will be the normal one at the start of the Status Phase, while the second happens at the end of the round, after you already did your optional deployment and so on. Thus, you won't be able to use the threat you gained via the mission rule until the next status phase (unless you want to use it on some other ability you might have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm playing the campaign with my wife & 11yr old son & we've had a busy summer & haven't played a mission in 3 months! After the layoff I was really rusty on the rules. I've screwed up quite a few times in this campaign but I've mostly hurt myself. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is important to remember the order of the status phase. I wrote down the order in a piece of paper until I was sure to remember it to not mess it up.

1. Increase threat
2. Ready
3. Deploy / reinforce
4. End of Round effects
5. Increase Round dial

If effects and events happening at the end of round step increase threat, it can not be used until the next Deploy/reinforce step (unless the mission rules have other end of round effects that allow to spend threat or agenda or class cards that need threat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's great advice. If we played at more regular intervals I think things would go smoother. Neither my son nor wife have read the rules so I have to referee the whole thing. It's fun but can be frustrating. I'm going to print up some simplified rules for the next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Estabrooks
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, keeping threat that comes as an end of round effect actually at the end of the round, and not during normal threat increase can make the difference between a fun campaign and steam-rolling the rebels. I can think of at least two missions where the end of round increases come often enough to be unfair if used right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.